What's new

Punishing with Mechanical Bats

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I don't play this game but this looks like several shades of bs to me. batman is so dump lol.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Wow really? If I punish a string that is -2 with a 2 frame startup move and get a just frame punish i guess i suck balls at this game.

Anyone know what determines how many bats you need to punish/ what side you can do it on?

Ex; trident rush and deadshot wake up takes more bats on the right side.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The different sides matter because Batman's trait will come in at a fixed location. So, if Batman is on one side, 1 trait bat is close enough to punish. If he is on the other side, you need all 3.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
As for this tech, something similar was around in Injustice 1, with trait release being 4 frames if I remember correctly. It required precise timing since a true reversal punish was needed, and there was no 3 frame buffer window that exists now.

Not sure if the 3 frame buffer window applies to trait, but this is still too much for Batman and should be removed.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Wasn’t he able to do this in I1? I know for a fact he was able to punish Killer Frost’s slide with trait

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Doesn't need a nerf... only high level Batman players will utilize this when their bats management is good... most batmans tend to only use trait for combos most people don't even realize they have a 2f start up lol this tech is ok

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I love that this thread doesn't get even close to as much traffic as other Batman threads because the actual Batman players want to avoid addressing or thinking about it.

It's hard to downplay a 2f punish lol.

Cerbero

Always down for games.
I love that this thread doesn't get even close to as much traffic as other Batman threads because the actual Batman players want to avoid addressing or thinking about it.

It's hard to downplay a 2f punish lol.
Shows our communitys got a lot of leveling up and labbing to do, we barely ever see Batmans punishing tight strings with bats.