What's new

Video/Tutorial Punishing MMH's OH tele.

HP Hatecraft

I am the beginning, I am the end.
Hey guys, don't know how viable this stuff can be, since we have to be wary of a normal teleport, but this is just a few ways Grundy can punish MMH's overhead teleport. Here is a quick video I put together before work. Feel free to try and brainstorm any more ways you can think of to stop this move. Like I said, it might not be viable, but at least I'm trying. Will try and do a better write up on this when I get off work tonight. I'll tag everybody later.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ive been doin the reverse WCC to punish the tele , the block stun is a pain sometimes though also you can do reverse WCC b1 trait for meterless
i like the other two clips as well ill mess with these :)

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
The dash forward air throw is pretty nifty. Like stack said, I've been having a lot of success with WCC 1 ex swamp hands. That d2 clip was funny.

Thanks for making a vid HP! Always appreciated around here :)

kaname

Noob
Wish I would have saw this video prior to Mystery_-Zoomer wrecking me 0-20 w/ MMH. Maybe I could have got that down to 1-19 :DOGE

fr stack

Just for the record I wasn't trying to make a snide remark about how good MMH is. It was more about how bad I am. Just re-read what I wrote etc.
oh i know dont worry bout it , but learnin the reverse WCC's really helps cut out the bullshit in this match :)

Glass Sword

Nobody
The strength of the strategy of using backwards WCC is the way the game works; the game thinks Martian whiffed when you armor through his teleport. I don't know about when you can cancel his WC, but you might to be able to get a even better starter. You have more time than you think.
Also this covers both teleports.

Last edited:

fr stack

The strength of the strategy of using backwards WCC is the way the game works is the game thinks Martian whiffed when you armor through his teleport. I don't know about when you can cancel his WC, but you might to be able to get a even better starter. You have more time than you think.
Also this covers both teleports.
yeah u could do a b3 starter but i havent trained to do it yet

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I think the air grab may be the most useful one to punish it, even tho it's probably the hardest one to do of those three. Then you could do the double dash in and nj for the reverse WU. This is probably the MU I have the least exp with playing grundy cuz outside of like 2 people on ps4, most of the MMH's online spam like no other

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I think the air grab may be the most useful one to punish it, even tho it's probably the hardest one to do of those three. Then you could do the double dash in and nj for the reverse WU.
I think that is possible with WC [MB] which knockdowns rather hard, but not with TTG.

Other than that, do Martians truly teleport a lot (or enough) against Grundy? I get that pretty much everyone feels like finding ways to punish "unpunishable" OH teleport these days, but is it really game changing in this MU?

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I think that is possible with WC [MB] which knockdowns rather hard, but not with TTG.

Other than that, do Martians truly teleport a lot (or enough) against Grundy? I get that pretty much everyone feels like finding ways to punish "unpunishable" OH teleport these days, but is it really game changing in this MU?
Yea lol. Not many characters outside of Grundy can punish his OH tele without meter. So it does help a lot

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
Punishing overhead teleport won't help u win against MMH and for a char like grundy against martian its a bad match up for grundy MMH can zone out grundy with orbs and pillars

fr stack

Punishing overhead teleport won't help u win against MMH and for a char like grundy against martian its a bad match up for grundy MMH can zone out grundy with orbs and pillars
grundy does not care about your pillars or orbs and when you finally crack and try an overhead tel ill just reverse WCC and punish for 40 ish % if not you will be in the corner in no time , to commence body-ment

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Hey buddeh, you know uhhhh, Grundy, he uhhhh, has a cancelable move that uhhhhh, has 3 hits of armor. So he doesn't uhhhhhb, give two shits about orbs or pillars

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
So, enlighten me on MMH matchup, when exactly would MMH want to teleport on Grundy (we can even assume, for shits and giggles, he doesn't know that he teleports onto a thing with free armor)?