What's new

Video/Tutorial Punishing Mace Charge with a Combo

GGA Max

This works without wake ups too... Her start up is quite large.

*In the beginning I show that she is on random wake up*

Basically you can confirm whether to meter burn and combo this hard to catch character. Or you can dash away if she doesn't wake up with it. A possibly new use for charging the B3.

You can do it the millisecond she is hitting you too. And as you can see once you absorb the hit she's floating to let you wall bounce her :)

If this has been shown elsewhere feel free to take it down!

regulas

Your Emporer
What if they MB the MC? Thats the big question that comes to mind since in that case she may well double hit you before your 3 hit goes through.
In order to do this you are not applying any Oki pressure
I would probably try and counter this if it were a big issue and I had no MB with WE3 on wake-up since it is safe on block and will just go through you if you armor.

GGA Max

What if they MB the MC? Thats the big question that comes to mind since in that case she may well double hit you before your 3 hit goes through.
In order to do this you are not applying any Oki pressure
I would probably try and counter this if it were a big issue and I had no MB with WE3 on wake-up since it is safe on block and will just go through you if you armor.
Yup true, then it depends on timing, sometimes you'll get your combo, sometimes you'll get hit by her second hit.

And you can't really pressure HG anyway with that damn Wing Evade lol...

Did you see the last punish? I know body splash characters can jump back and combo her.

regulas

Your Emporer
What is oki by the way?

Following Frothy's comment, Basically when you use your counter you have to be waiting for the HG to wake-up/recover. In contrast many characters would generally prefer to start a string once someone is knocked down.

In general as you did for the last punish, jump back and 3 (or D3 where applicable) will work save where characters have terrible J3 attacks, this tends to be the most reliable punish since she can't MB if she doesn't hit you, and it doesn't cost meter.

GGA Max

Following Frothy's comment, Basically when you use your counter you have to be waiting for the HG to wake-up/recover. In contrast many characters would generally prefer to start a string once someone is knocked down.

In general as you did for the last punish, jump back and 3 (or D3 where applicable) will work save where characters have terrible J3 attacks, this tends to be the most reliable punish since she can't MB if she doesn't hit you, and it doesn't cost meter.

Yeah, in practice I've had more success with the jump back D3, I hope other characters can get a combo as long as they have enough initial spacing.

What if they MB the MC? Thats the big question that comes to mind since in that case she may well double hit you before your 3 hit goes through
It depends on the timing of the B3. If they let go of the charge late, they're gonna eat the mb. They also may end up missing HG if they mistime it as the MB will fly over them and you deal them damage and their attack whiffs.

The time when the b3 will work over MC MB is when a) the b3 mob is already out and they time you coming in with the release or b) they dont hold at all and simply guess you're gonna do it.

Otherwise they're gonna taste the mace. Twice.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I dont get this, you can jump back and hit a normal on the way back and you'll smack her out of MC everytime plus get a full combo. You can also jump forward and throw out a normal when she's doing the twirl and you'll hit her out of that too. I'm pretty sure every character can do this too if not 90%, I've had it done to me by so many characters that I've lost count.
As long as you're in the air with a hitbox out and not in the area she's flying towards you'll be fine. There's also grounded moves completely avoid it like Catwoman's backdash, harley's tantrum stance and WW's d3.
There's no need for you waste a bar on MB'd b3, its an option though if you wanna do that /shrug