What's new

Video/Tutorial Punishing Mace Charge (Video)

Here, I discuss with Zyphox methods to punish Hawkgirl's Mace Charge.
It is character specific, in which I focus on WonderWoman, and a little Catwoman.

This isn't meant to automatically take Hawkgirl apart, the move is still good. It provides some relief, espeically on wakeup, to prevent the barrage of Mace Charges Hawkgirl's throw out.

Again, this another reason not to cry nerfs and buffs this early, exploits can be found.

Enjoy

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Here, I discuss with Zyphox methods to punish Hawkgirl's Mace Charge.
It is character specific, in which I focus on WonderWoman, and a little Catwoman.

This isn't meant to automatically take Hawkgirl apart, the move is still good. It provides some relief, espeically on wakeup, to prevent the barrage of Mace Charges Hawkgirl's throw out.

Again, this another reason not to cry nerfs and buffs this early, exploits can be found.

Enjoy
SHE.NEEDS.IT.DOE <3

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
STORMS

I believe this could make for a nice article, in my opinion.

EDIT: A Video/Tutorial prefix has been added to the thread title.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Great video, I'm glad that there seems to be an answer to almost everything. Now if only we could find one to Black Adam's zoning lol

Catwoman's d3 is insanely low as well iirc, did you guys test that?

Also HG seems to have a pretty large hurtbox above her during the initial loop of this move. Not sure if it's invincible on wakeup but if not, it might be easier (and less reactable by the HG) to jump and anti-air.

Edit: just tested and the initial loop seems to be invincible on wakeup.

xWildx

Catwoman's d3 is insanely low as well iirc, did you guys test that?

Also HG seems to have a pretty large hurtbox above her during the initial loop of this move. Not sure if it's invincible on wakeup but if not, it might be easier (and less reactable by the HG) to jump and anti-air.

Edit: just tested and the initial loop seems to be invincible on wakeup.
We tried Catwoman's d3 and it wasn't low enough. The character has be absolutely close to the ground to avoid it that way. The alternative is jumping backwards on reaction and treating as an AA, but the damage you can get from that (depending on the character) is a lot lower.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm doing a video for Catwoman...she can Cat Stance~3 punish Mace Charge. While in Cat Stance, Mace Charge goes right over her...Ugh, I hate talking about punishing HawkGirl.

xWildx

I'm doing a video for Catwoman...she can Cat Stance~3 punish Mace Charge. While in Cat Stance, Mace Charge goes right over her...Ugh, I hate talking about punishing HawkGirl.
Make sure to point out the distance. I just tried it, and up-close, Catwoman still gets hit by the Mace Charge.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
With Batman I will usually dash away and neutral j3 b23 for 25%, but I honestly haven't played many Hawkgirls yet. I would assume you could also time a double jump backwards or make it rain with the air scatter bomb so she will pass under you and in either of those cases you might be able to catch her before she hits the ground. Also, I am thinking out loud, but I bet you could double jump back into d2 up grapple MB b3 j3 b23 for better damage if you want to burn a bar.

These are pretty much all on reading wakeup