What's new

Strategy Punishing Kabal's 'safe' moves

coolwhip

Noob
your saying if he doesn't cancel the Nomad Dash into block?
No.

1- If he cancels F4 into ND and you're blocking, he's at -5. Kung Lao's spin is 6 frames, so you won't be able to punish him.

2- However, you can spin right after his F4 (if you block it), BEFORE he can ND (meaning even if he inputs it, you can spin him), because there's a 6 frame gap. So you're spinning BETWEEN F4 and ND (so the ND is never fully performed).

In the first scenario, he was able to perform F4 into NDC. In the second scenario, you spun him out of it, before he can ND. I don't know how else to simplify it.

If you still don't get it, go to Somberness' thread where he explains frame data (you seem to be confusing block advantage with cancel advantage, and therefore, gaps). Then go to the Kabal forum, read his frame data, and read the guide made by Master D where he explains the gaps in all of his strings and how they work.

EDIT: Luzlou has a pretty cool guide on Kabal's gaps.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
No.

1- If he cancels F4 into NDC and you're blocking, he's at -5. Kung Lao's spin is 6 frames, so you won't be able to punish him.

2- However, you can spin right after his F4 (if you block it), BEFORE he can NDC (meaning even if he inputs it, you can spin him), because there's a 6 frame gap. So you're spinning BETWEEN F4 and NDC (so the NDC is never fully performed).

In the first scenario, he was able to perform F4 into NDC. In the second scenario, you spun him out of it, before he can NDC. I don't know how else to simplify it.

If you still don't get it, go to Somberness' thread where he explains frame data (you seem to be confusing block advantage with cancel advantage, and therefore, gaps). Then go to the Kabal forum, read his frame data, and read the guide made by Master D where he explains the gaps in all of his strings and how they work.
Let me just explain this, because you kept using the term ndc and that is not correct. Basically Axel_Redd kabal can cancel his nomad dash before the startup is finished. So if he commits to the dash, there is 6 frame gap before the dash hits, and you could spin him, but if he cancels the dash, he recovers one frame before the nomad dash would become active, and he is only negative 5, and would be able to block your spin.

coolwhip

Noob
Let me just explain this, because you kept using the term ndc and that is not correct. Basically Axel_Redd kabal can cancel his nomad dash before the startup is finished. So if he commits to the dash, there is 6 frame gap before the dash hits, and you could spin him, but if he cancels the dash, he recovers one frame before the nomad dash would become active, and he is only negative 5, and would be able to block your spin.
Yeah, I typed NDC out of habit.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
in that case then i don't see the point then because theres no reason for a kabal to commit to a nomad dash cancel unless its on a very good read after f4, and knowing that, lao would also have to know this is comming and honestly vs lao i'd probably be using flash parry's & EX NDC to either full combo punish or keep him in pressure.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
in that case then i don't see the point then because theres no reason for a kabal to commit to a nomad dash cancel unless its on a very good read after f4, and knowing that, lao would also have to know this is comming and honestly vs lao i'd probably be using flash parry's & EX NDC to either full combo punish or keep him in pressure.
Well most characters don't have 6 frame combo starters. So they are d3ing or doing a string, and then they get blown up by the commited dash. Kung lao is different.

Axel_Redd

Well most characters don't have 6 frame combo starters. So they are d3ing or doing a string, and then they get blown up by the commited dash. Kung lao is different.
yeah, i hardly ever commit to a dash unless im like 99% sure they're gonna let go of block to try something. VS lao i'd probably just block most of the time after the F4. Also i love doing f32~EXNDC to kung lao :p

coolwhip

Noob
yeah, i hardly ever commit to a dash unless im like 99% sure they're gonna let go of block to try something. VS lao i'd probably just block most of the time after the F4. Also i love doing f32~EXNDC to kung lao :p
F4 is -11 on block. You wouldn't want to just block after it.

Axel_Redd

F4 is -11 on block. You wouldn't want to just block after it.
well u know what i mean, block cancelling the dash after f4. who the hell just does f4? lol. i think f32~EXNDC is like +8 or +9 on block i think, so its just as good as 2ndc.