What's new

Punishing Dr. Fate's Wakeup Attack

Lanqu

Noob
that or mb b3/f3 or just plain jump over the push and full combo, is a very mediocre wakeup when you take 5 mins in practice mode
He backdashes on that wakeup, means u need to aim further his back. So if he doesn't wake up and you jump - he evades your meaty pressure.
mb f3 is not a case - its answer for almost every wake up in the game

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
He backdashes on that wakeup, means u need to aim further his back. So if he doesn't wake up and you jump - he evades your meaty pressure.
mb f3 is not a case - its answer for almost every wake up in the game
so u want a option where u crush the wakeup and still dont lose anything whatever from making the wrong read?
mkx maybe be more your style so :) (jk)

my point is there are MULTIPLE ways to blow up his wakeup, lmfao at mb f3/b3 not being a case, why would u not consider a option (again, of which there are multiple of including a njp where you dont have to "aim") because it works on other wakeups?
like i originally said as well as the OP mentioned take the wakeup in practice mode with your char for 5 mins and you'll see what going on

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So you need advancing normal with lots of active frames?
I went into practice with random characters after this and was able to stuff it spending only about 10 minutes, so I stopped figuring it is universal.

Take the character you play, set Fate to WU, practice your normals until you find which one stuffs it best, and then practice stuffing it. It really isn't that hard to be honest.