What's new

Punishing crossup (question)

G11OST

Noob
Batmans cross up is something that I personally have been struggling with, I can punish a jump in fine but up close I become a scrub and can't figure out a way to constantly punish and keep him from just crossing me up over and over again.

I use zero and hood. Any advise? Thanks

Kunta

Meta-Whore
You cant punish the cross up once he is over because he will win on the start up frames. When he goes from the cross up he is doing a combo JI2; String. You cannot punish the JI2 when he is over you but you can punish the string that follows. A lot of Batman's also don't input the String before they hit the ground and therefore leave themselves vulnerable to a D1 punish.

Skedar70

Noob
Its Batman's broken BS. Plus the zoning and plus on block pressure he has to force you to hold these cross ups.

Block the cross up and push block his following plus on block string to get back to neutral.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
If he crosses over towards the corner, I'll usually push block to get favorable map control. Otherwise a high low block takes away most of his options unless he uses air sparks for an additional overhead, but I believe that is punishable on block.

If you make a hard read, back dash, d2 and sometimes b1 or upstars with Redhood can be good options. If it's on reaction, just block or push block.

Edit: you can also use some mb interactables to blow him up depending on the stage/ positioning

Last edited:

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
If you read he's gonna do it them you can do a preemptive jump 1 and it'll beat him out. If you just react to it tho you're better off just pushblocking