What's new

Question - Balanced Punishing Cross over punches

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Real quick: I was wondering how to punish cross overs punchers (on wake up) with Kenshi's EXrk and what not. My friend plays reptile and it seems 100% unpunishable. It doesn't matter which way I input EXrk on wakeup it either doesn't come out the other way or nothing happens.

Am I doing it too early, should I be using standing one, or is this really unstoppable pressure? How can I practice this if I'm doing it wrong? Thanks in advance guys :)

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Real quick: I was wondering how to punish cross overs punchers (on wake up) with Kenshi's EXrk and what not. My friend plays reptile and it seems 100% unpunishable. It doesn't matter which way I input EXrk on wakeup it either doesn't come out the other way or nothing happens.

Am I doing it too early, should I be using standing one, or is this really unstoppable pressure? How can I practice this if I'm doing it wrong? Thanks in advance guys :)
just practice by recording the opponent do a hard knock down on you at varying distances and the make them do a cross up punch, and practice doing exrk

Zabru

just practice by recording the opponent do a hard knock down on you at varying distances and the make them do a cross up punch, and practice doing exrk
I'm sorry I have never used the record opponent function. I have seen ppl using it for practice and was wondering how. Would you mind giving me a quick tutorial? I would appreciate that very much and thx for quick response.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm sorry I have never used the record opponent function. I have seen ppl using it for practice and was wondering how. Would you mind giving me a quick tutorial? I would appreciate that very much and thx for quick response.
Go to practice options, ai options, go to the top and scroll until you see "record" then go to start recording, then input what you need to input for the ai then press the touch pad to end recording, then it should do exactly what you recorded

Zabru

Go to practice options, ai options, go to the top and scroll until you see "record" then go to start recording, then input what you need to input for the ai then press the touch pad to end recording, then it should do exactly what you recorded
Holy shit thx man!

Zabru

Hmmm I've been practicing this and while it works if they cross me up on wake up it seems like it's impossible to get them either way I input it because they are directly above me when I have only a couple frames left for the wake up attack window. Is there anything I do or is this guaranteed pressure I have to put up with?

Not sure if it matters but they are using reptile and doing this after combos.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Hmmm I've been practicing this and while it works if they cross me up on wake up it seems like it's impossible to get them either way I input it because they are directly above me when I have only a couple frames left for the wake up attack window. Is there anything I do or is this guaranteed pressure I have to put up with?

Not sure if it matters but they are using reptile and doing this after combos.
EX RK has armor so you input it basically at the moment someone already crossed you up and is still in the air, you eat the jip, he eats the ex move plus the followup.

Zabru

EX RK has armor so you input it basically at the moment someone already crossed you up and is still in the air, you eat the jip, he eats the ex move plus the followup.
On my wake up he is essentially at 90 degrees is what I'm trying to say.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Lol just don't try to anti air in this game with a non-armoured move. Don't even think about contesting an air normal, you will lose 10/10.

Zabru

So does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? To just restate, reptile is directly above me making impossible to input my wake up attack behind me because he isn't behind me until my wake up window has already passed. If I do regular exrk by the time it fires he just gets over my head in time avoiding the attack. Tbh I think it's just free pressure plus chip for him which sucks for me.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? To just restate, reptile is directly above me making impossible to input my wake up attack behind me because he isn't behind me until my wake up window has already passed. If I do regular exrk by the time it fires he just gets over my head in time avoiding the attack. Tbh I think it's just free pressure plus chip for him which sucks for me.
It might be a good Reptile setup and Kenshi has to hold it, I don't know. But try tech rolling if he ends his combos with tech-rollable stuff. That will mess up the jump in and it won't cross up, and you can wakeup EX RK and blow him up. Otherwise, try staying on the ground to mess up his timing.

I was gonna suggest try backdashing, but I remembered you're talking about Kenshi. RIP.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman

Don't wake up. Get up and then Do Karma Eruption.