What's new

Punishing Brainiacs divekick?

Truesolo

<message deleted>
When Brainiac has meter, is there a way to punish both versions(regular and meterburn) of divekick or is it a 50/50?

Everytime I go to punish the regular version I get hit because they decided to meterburn it. So they end up doing back to back regular divekick like its a safe move.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think the answer is no unless you have a fast Super and the divekick is actually punishable.

Regular Divekick isn't always punishable in general despite being listed at -15, when done closer to the opponents legs it's less minus, at least -5 at about waist height. Which makes it safe against everything I believe.

There is a gap inbetween the divekick and the meter burn, which can be backdashed. If the divekick hits high up, you should be able to poke through the meterburn or armor. Maybe even full combo with a starter. MB divekick part is listed as -8 and that seems about right in most situations.

Last edited:

armani

Noob
I'm unable to test right now, but you can interrupt it a 7f or less move? or is that window a little larger, like a 9f move or whatever

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
It depends on when it is meter burned. I believe armor only needs 2 frames to be active so you can blow up the gap with a mb back 3. The mb dive kick is minus 8 after the second hit.

The gap is always there no matter how low he hit but If he doesn't cancel into it and it hit low enough the divekick is safe. I have to admit I worded myself incorrectly I meant that u could always punish the MB attempt not the divekick itself