What's new

Tech Punishing accordingly after an anti-crossup B2?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
After realizing how limited the Injustice demo is in contrast to the full game last week, I started playing MK9 again in the meantime just to work on movement and spacing in general, using the 50/50 between footsies etc. And I twice caught a Freddy player on a crossup with the tip of B2's hitbox, the problem is in this situation is how awkward the trajectory of the opponent's hurtbox is and you often end up crossing up your own input. I've been aware of this for about a year now, I guess they just always had a breaker or banked on me dropping it lol.

And I must stress this is not to be confused with an anti-air B2, all that does is launch your opponent a little higher and has less scaling, their hurtbox is literally directly above you floating the opposite way in this scenario. I've been meaning to try if neutral jump kick/punch would be any less inconsistent, but it's really hard to set this up deliberately in training mode.

Hoepfully this has happened to someone else in a real match before and can put a finger on what I'm saying.

RedRaptor10 GamerBlake90 Slips K.O.E_18 MITDJT beef_supreme Vagrant Scoot Magee GrandMasterson

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
That sounds like a miracle. I don't think I would even be able to react with a follow-up after it hit, I'd be too distracted screaming HOLY SHIT THAT JUST HAPPENED

Also I'm a little unclear about the question. You're asking how to follow up attack after landing an anti-crossup B2? Jump kick, tele, 111 spear doesn't work?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Also I'm a little unclear about the question. You're asking how to follow up attack after landing an anti-crossup B2? Jump kick, tele, 111 spear doesn't work?
Well, yes and no, you're correct in the sense that the fact it still caught them throws you off for a split second, but as you attempt the usual BNB the game seems to recognize Scorpion as being on the other side after the jumpkick, thus inadvertently inputting DF3 I guess.
Don't you just jump the opposite way and do the jump kick tele combo?
Possibly, and I wish it were that easy, but it kinda sub-consciously occurs to you that you might've did it too late and I tend to freeze up in fear the eventual spear will whiff lol.

Well, if they're that close to you, I'd just do 11xxTeleport 111xxSpear.
If there's any range between you, just do a grounder tele 111xxSpear.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I usually do a neutral jump punch, then 11 tele 11 spear when that happens. You can re-create is by have opponent jump straight up in the corner, and when they jump up dash in under them and do b+2 underneath them. If you dash in deep enough you'll get the scenario your talking about.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I pretty much do the same thing slips does. Thing about it is, I play a very jazz scorpion. Meaning, I will just improvise a combo on some random launch. So with the weird anti cross up b2, If Im feeling super on point, I will go for the njp. If not, 11~tele, 1 33~spear. I like using 33~spear in my improv combos because it kicks them a little further away than 11 and I tend to not whiff the spear using 33.

coolwhip

Noob
Who's this Scorpion fellow you speak of? He doesn't appear on the Injustice roster...

In all seriousness, and I'm just speculating here, but if you're not feeling on point and don't think you reacted on time to go with the NJP, can't you just teleport (without the jump kick first), then 111 spear?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Who's this Scorpion fellow you speak of? He doesn't appear on the Injustice roster...

In all seriousness, and I'm just speculating here, but if you're not feeling on point and don't think you reacted on time to go with the NJP, can't you just teleport (without the jump kick first), then 111 spear?
Its all personal preference. There are just days when I feel more on point and can swag it out more than others. But I always cancel some normal into tele rather than trying to catch them falling with a naked tele. Only exception being an AA Ex tele midscreen. Then I follow up with teleport, 111 spear. But I digress. If I am feeling jedi, I will go for the NJP, if not, then 1/2~tele <followup into vortex>