What's new

Punished for Winning. 15-year old girl Quits Smash after beating pro due to harrasment

ItsYaBoi

Noob
One difference I always find interesting is the wording. What you call crisps we call chips and what you call chips we call french fries.

We have various brands of vegetable chips here, though I haven't had them in a very long time. We have Sour Creme and Onion Ring snacks here, and they taste great (though they have milk ingredients so they're out for me). I don't recall any Pringles here being advertised as Vegan. I know the regular BBQ Pringles have milk in them, and I typically only eat Original Pringles.
Yeah man the wording is definitely interesting haha. You guys don’t have anything called crisps do you?

I’d of assumed that the Pringles ingredients were the same in the US as the UK. Next time you see some Texas BBQ Pringles look at the back, them being vegan legit shocked me the other day.

Yeah man the wording is definitely interesting haha. You guys don’t have anything called crisps do you?

I’d of assumed that the Pringles ingredients were the same in the US as the UK. Next time you see some Texas BBQ Pringles look at the back, them being vegan legit shocked me the other day.
Nope, we don't. I've only ever heard of crisps from British co-workers, and learned from them they meant what we call chips.

I'm actually in Canada, and there can be ingredients and flavour differences between Canada and the US as well. I checked the Pringles Canadian Website, and we actually don't have Texas BBQ flavour here. We have BBQ, Buffalo Ranch, and a rippled Pringle in Tangy Southern BBQ.

There is a Ketchup flavoured Pringle here though. I want to say I tried them once, and they were just meh.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Nope, we don't. I've only ever heard of crisps from British co-workers, and learned from them they meant what we call chips.

I'm actually in Canada, and there can be ingredients and flavour differences between Canada and the US as well. I checked the Pringles Canadian Website, and we actually don't have Texas BBQ flavour here. We have BBQ, Buffalo Ranch, and a rippled Pringle in Tangy Southern BBQ.

There is a Ketchup flavoured Pringle here though. I want to say I tried them once, and they were just meh.
Ahhhh fair. I can never get over chips being crisps haha, my mind goes straight to having them alongside some fish or a piece of steak haha.

Hmmmm, I bet you one of those will be Texas BBQ but renamed. Got to be. But yeah, I need to see if more flavours are vegan as that’s what my diet is transitioning into. Time to research into Pringles haha.

Ahhhh fair. I can never get over chips being crisps haha, my mind goes straight to having them alongside some fish or a piece of steak haha.

Hmmmm, I bet you one of those will be Texas BBQ but renamed. Got to be. But yeah, I need to see if more flavours are vegan as that’s what my diet is transitioning into. Time to research into Pringles haha.
I love some good fish and chips (in this case I mean fries and not crisps). Typically at home though, when I make fish, I pair it with rice.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
beer , barbecue and lime pie seems way better, bro ! :p
That does sound good. But trust me, some fresh fish on the Cornish coast, in some nice beer batter, with some home made chips and home made mushy peas. It’d make Aphrodite orgasm.

You know, I never liked peas. I can't eat them now anyway, but it was always the texture that turned me off.
In mushy peas it all becomes one giant mushy mess anyway, so it’s all good :p

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Damn. She was 14 at the time it looks. Hopefully she grows up to regret it. Maybe its a different Bochii but that's just me giving benefit of the doubt like I do with everyone :/

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Hey! So, uh... I just came across this tweet and immediately remembered seeing a thread about this player here on TYM, so I thought it might be interesting to share this here.

This whole thing is a clusterfuck of a story, ngl.
Damn. Been hearing about this too. At first, she did not apologize for it which made the situation worst for her even though it was only last year. Yeah shes a kid, but at that age you know damn well not to be using that shit. She decided to ghost herself and good.

All I can say is....the Smash Community ladies and gentlemen.....they never disappoint.....in ALWAYS making themselves look shitty.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Damn. Been hearing about this too. At first, she did not apologize for it which made the situation worst for her even though it was only last year. Yeah shes a kid, but at that age you know damn well not to be using that shit. She decided to ghost herself and good.

All I can say is....the Smash Community ladies and gentlemen.....they never disappoint.....in ALWAYS making themselves look shitty.
At any age, you don't say that shit.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
At any age, you don't say that shit.
At 14 you don't understand empathy and are unable to fully think for yourself.

A lesson from her parents wouldn't hurt, but let's not judge. Most of us were dumbasses at that age too, the problem is when you don't grow out of it.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
At 14 you don't understand empathy and are unable to fully think for yourself.

A lesson from her parents wouldn't hurt, but let's not judge. Most of us were dumbasses at that age too, the problem is when you don't grow out of it.
being dumb is one thing but being hateful and racist is different. we all said dumb shit as kids but we all didnt spew hate. nasty.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
being dumb is one thing but being hateful and racist is different. we all said dumb shit as kids but we all didnt spew hate. nasty.
It's most people I assure you.

I used to be a bully in highschool, and considering that I've been victim of bullism in middle school, you really can't get dumber than that. I'm ashamed of it of course, but at the time I didn't even think about what the other guy could be going through.

At that age you're more concerned about "being cool" than any form of empathy, so I don't think it's our place to judge. It's too easy in hindsight.

Owerbart

I miss you
i remember a lot of people accusing her of being racist afterwards, but i feel that was mostly a misunderstanding that something else

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
It's most people I assure you.

I used to be a bully in highschool, and considering that I've been victim of bullism in middle school, you really can't get dumber than that. I'm ashamed of it of course, but at the time I didn't even think about what the other guy could be going through.

At that age you're more concerned about "being cool" than any form of empathy, so I don't think it's our place to judge. It's too easy in hindsight.
i know its most people, but i also know most people are racist/ignorant or have hate in their heart somewhere.
again, i understand all of that but if you are privately saying those things you are just being hateful and disgusting. it i definitely my place to judge. racism is dangerous and people die because of it every day so i just dont take those type of things lightly. that didnt look like jokes it looked like statements of a belief thats taught. i dont wanna deep dive on a gaming forum im just saying its not cool not funny and she should see how hurtful what she said is

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
i remember a lot of people accusing her of being racist afterwards, but i feel that was mostly a misunderstanding that something else
Of course people would because people now are more judgmental than ever, but I don't think she's racist off the bat because I don't know her. But what she did was stupid as fuck and now she learned the hard way not to say that ever.