What's new

Question Punish Options?

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Zod's moves come out slower than I hoped (like his B1 being 11 frames iirc). Was wondering what his go to punish starters would be for things like blocked DS sword flip, BA dive kick, Scorpion tele, etc. Looking for anything even remotely optimal.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Zod needs his trait for everything still really good just really trait dependent to go full ham

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I use f21u2, db1, land, j.3, f112, bf2 for my meterless

With one bar, instead of jump 3, I dash in and 12db2(close laser)mb, dash cancel, then 12bf2.

If f2 works as a punisher (won't be able to try it until I get home) I'm all set.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
For low starters I use the previously mentioned f2 or b21, db2mb, ender. For overhead 213 dash cancel ender or f3, j.3 ender. Someone else might have more optimal stuff but I haven't seen any. Zod doesn't really have a strong overhead game IMO. F3 is really slow and 213 isn't an overhead until the third hit.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
For low starters I use the previously mentioned f2 or b21, db2mb, ender. For overhead 213 dash cancel ender or f3, j.3 ender. Someone else might have more optimal stuff but I haven't seen any. Zod doesn't really have a strong overhead game IMO. F3 is really slow and 213 isn't an overhead until the third hit.
Thanks. I agree, he really needs a good overhead. B23 should be overhead, I hope they make it so in the next patch.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Zod is fun/cool, but he is slow.

F2,1,3 or f2,1,u2 is what I normally use but I've had DS backdash or even jump out of the punish after a sword flip. Don't know if it was cause I was late or not, but it happened.

Zod's trait is a necessity to win IMO.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Thanks. I agree, he really needs a good overhead. B23 should be overhead, I hope they make it so in the next patch.
1,2 works farily well. In that string 2 is overhead so if you use 1,2 and cancel into close eyebeams (sometimes after 1, sometimes after 1,2) you can get some decent mix ups. With trait up though, he has much better options.

Canceling off the 1,2 sting is tough though (IMO). I can get it most of the time in combat, but the cancel window off the 1 or 2 is pretty small, and for some reason online has been very tough to cope with as of late.

I recco the combo guide, hes got video and slowmo. But here is his beauty in bland type:
F21u2 xx db1b, j2 xx db1, forward dash, nj2 db1f, forward dash, 112 xx Zod Charge. Midscreen, meterless, traitless, the works. Ty based True.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I recco the combo guide, hes got video and slowmo. But here is his beauty in bland type:
F21u2 xx db1b, j2 xx db1, forward dash, nj2 db1f, forward dash, 112 xx Zod Charge. Midscreen, meterless, traitless, the works. Ty based True.
Nice. :cool:
Thanks for posting this, I'm unable to watch YouTube videos at the moment.

oh, missed his video ( I do the same but without neutral j2 fast rifle and end it with bf3
Wait bf3? bf2 does more damage, so I'm curious to this variation.
f2 is not that fast =_=
Not as fast as what? 15f is really fast. My Adam loves his 15f b2 :3

Though what I do is f21u2 into his dash on block cause if you don't you will get punished =_=
You can hitconfirm(not online much to my annoyance , but really, what was I expecting-.-) the f21 into u2 or 3xxbf3, I think the Zod charge one might be punsihable if they are savvy to it.

Edit:
Zod's moves come out slower than I hoped
Air Zod charge is 1f, I don't think we can complain :3

I would like to see b23 starting faster though. Though I'm not looking for Supes 8f f23 -.-

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
As long as f2 is fast enough to punish moves that should be full combo punishable on block. After I get to the lab tonight I will try to report any more punishers he has. His dash feels too slow to reliably whiff punish like BA, but I'm letting people get away with too much att. The way I play involves the most necessary combos to be guaranteed.