What's new

Strategy Psuedo Advantage

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Im not even talking about him following up with the string. I am saying that if cage catches you off guard with the s.2, there is no way you can react in time to let go off block and actually be at nuetral, cage will be at plus 2 or something. This is really hard to explain haha.
Oh, yeah, I have no idea if that's true. I have a 6 frame jab... lol.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
This is really hard for me to explain to you guys, but basically, even if cage didnt have the threat of the full string, 2 would still be useful in pressure because your opponent cannot react that it is not a different string to poke in time. Is that a better explanation. I will make video proving this next time I have sparring partners with me.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Exactly, they cannot react to it, it is too fast so they have to commit. Some players cannot even react fast enough to let go of block, let alone duck and poke.
I find that players will become VERY susceptible to S2 pressure if you commit to 2,1,f2 a few times... I have let people out of my pressure to set them up for 2,2,2,2,2, grab, to then set them up for a 2,1, f2....

Fractured_Shadow

Also HGTV Soapboxfan I totally understand what you mean by the ammount of recovery and how fast a human can actually process the information... I would venture to say that it is more educated guessing than actually making a read to correctly poke...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I find that players will become VERY susceptible to S2 pressure if you commit to 2,1,f2 a few times... I have let people out of my pressure to set them up for 2,2,2,2,2, grab, to then set them up for a 2,1, f2....
Oh of course, basic 50 50. What makes it good though is that your opponent has to guess that you are going for that 50 50 to be able to guess in time. Otherwise, its like s.2, oh I can poke! But while they are reacting that they have the option to poke, the next move is already hitting them.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yeah if you are looking for the standing 2, then you can poke it, in that case your reaction time would be about .15 seconds or 9 frames, so you could poke it easily. However, then you will react late to fwd3 and everything else that you can't beat with a d3. You are talking about pure reaction time, I am talking about seeing the s.2 and then reacting. There is a difference. And i have played against players with those kinds of reaction times, this is a human limitation that i am talking about. I am just not sure if you understand what i am trying to explain. Maybe i can make a video to better explain it?
no i understand exactly what you are saying, its the same way why we can't punish d1 on reaction with full combo even though they are -13, yet you can sit there and unless you are read or baited, just d1 like tommy wafflez lol

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Also HGTV Soapboxfan I totally understand what you mean by the ammount of recovery and how fast a human can actually process the information... I would venture to say that it is more educated guessing than actually making a read to correctly poke...
You could call it that as well, but yeah you get it if you are using those terms. I think most players are abusing this without even knowing it.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
no i understand exactly what you are saying, its the same way why we can't punish d1 on reaction with full combo even though they are -13, yet you can sit there and unless you are read or baited, just d1 like tommy wafflez lol
Yes okay. Cool. That is actually what made me start thinking about this again.

Fractured_Shadow

You could call it that as well, but yeah you get it if you are using those terms. I think most players are abusing this without even knowing it.
It is the same reason that you can get away with F3,3 into anything.... being -4 almost guarantees a poke becasue even using a d1 you are still at 10 frames. This goes by the same principle they teach in the Police Academy. Action is ALWAYS faster than reaction. Try this for example, have a friend stand in front of you with a water gun and his finger on the trigger. Take a water gun and place it to your head. You will be able to take the gun off your head, point it at your friend, pull the trigger, and hit him before he can simply pull the trigger 100% of the time. Johnny Cage is the embodiment of this theory.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Yea, after a nutpunch I usually do JIP 11, 2 and try go into another 11, since some people see the 2 and fear the overhead. I love doing consecutive 2s, builds a bunch of meter.

I remember seeing Curbo doing something similar at MLG. Probably where I started mimicing it lol

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
It is the same reason that you can get away with F3,3 into anything.... being -4 almost guarantees a poke becasue even using a d1 you are still at 10 frames. This goes by the same principle they teach in the Police Academy. Action is ALWAYS faster than reaction. Try this for example, have a friend stand in front of you with a water gun and his finger on the trigger. Take a water gun and place it to your head. You will be able to take the gun off your head, point it at your friend, pull the trigger, and hit him before he can simply pull the trigger 100% of the time. Johnny Cage is the embodiment of this theory.
Bro.... I like you. You get this character. This is actually what reptile players need to learn to, if you are looking into that discussion that is going on right now. But yeah Cage can take adv of this much more than other characters.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
I use this all the time, thanks for giving me credit lolol, the duration of standing 2 is the thing i probably abuse the most while playing cage, especially in cases like if i read sonya will try to armor out with ex cartwheel, if 1 s2 then it hits her and cage can block b4 the cartwheel actually hits him, leaving sonya at -3

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I use this all the time, thanks for giving me credit lolol, the duration of standing 2 is the thing i probably abuse the most while playing cage, especially in cases like if i read sonya will try to armor out with ex cartwheel, if 1 s2 then it hits her and cage can block b4 the cartwheel actually hits him, leaving sonya at -3
That has nothing to do with what I am talking about. And no.... You treat standing 2 as if it is nuetral on block, don't give me that bs, I play your cage all the time. Plus you learned everything about cage from me, nothing you do is original, and I still body your ass. 500 dollar money match me, first to ten, cage mirror. Cya tomorrow bud. Lol.