What's new

PSA: Picking your skins and gear for Kombat League matches

Saw some wondering how players were getting different skins and gear on their characters during Kombat League. Figured out how you do it.

In your customization, Whatever you have tagged as your "default" skin and gear will be what is used in the Kombat League matches. To set a default (on PS4, dunno what button is used for XBOne and PC), you press the touch pad while highlighting the desired variation. A star will pop up in the upper right hand corner of the variation image.

Now, you won't get the abilities (custom moveset) of that loadout, but you will get the cosmetics.

Hope this helps anyone that was wondering, or hadn't figured it out yet.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Dude! You just helped me out a bunch I was wondering why my old man Shang Tsung skin wasn't applying to his tournament variation.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Saw some wondering how players were getting different skins and gear on their characters during Kombat League. Figured out how you do it.

In your customization, Whatever you have tagged as your "default" skin and gear will be what is used in the Kombat League matches. To set a default (on PS4, dunno what button is used for XBOne and PC), you press the touch pad while highlighting the desired variation. A star will pop up in the upper right hand corner of the variation image.

Now, you won't get the abilities (custom moveset) of that loadout, but you will get the cosmetics.

Hope this helps anyone that was wondering, or hadn't figured it out yet.
It’s convoluted stuff like this that makes me believe tournament variations were thrown in at the last minute during crunch time.

Give us competitive customs!

The way they have it now is so dumb as you're forced to use your default on whatever variation you choose, or the skin is attached to the custom loadout if you're playing custom casual matches.

There's no easy way to mix up your skin without going back to the Kustomise option, or playing a different variation.

They should have made it that the face buttons choose your skin from your (first 4) customised options. That way you can have any one of up to 4 custom skins on any variation.

So much good stuff in the game, but then they do something stupid like this.