What's new

PSA: New PS4 Update/Converter Issue

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
So for those of you who do not know the recent PS4 update made so that certain converters would get timed out after about 8 minutes. This issue stopped a lot of converters from being used by players in a tournament setting. The current update made it so multiple converters now have this issue once again. So first off make sure to test your converter and time it. If it stops working and holds the input you just pressed then you may need to look into a new converter. One of these converters would be the Brook Ps2 to Ps4 converter. This converter was purchased by multiple people on tym and it worked perfect until this update. BUT. Brook has found a solution, check it out below:

Brook Update instructions:
http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS2 to PS3PS4/
This link above brinks you to the Brook website to download an update to get passed the PS4 time out. I tested it and it works fine. When you download the file a screen will open up with instructions. Make sure to Hold the PS button down before you put the converter into your computer, while you are putting it in and basically the entire time. This includes when it is updating. If the Update selection does not prompt up unplug the converter and try again making sure to hold the PS button. If the update fails unplug and try again. Hopefully this helps a lot of people who purchased the Brook Converter along with people who have converters that no longer work.

@Youphemism

Attachments

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah I saw that in their converter thread, glad they managed to get around it. Unfortunately I won't get to test it out until Tuesday lol

E

Eldriken

Sony wants people to use THEIR controllers. Thats why they keep doing this.
Yeah, I know. But Sony ought to know that not everyone who owns a PS4 even uses a regular controller to play games. They should support that shit instead of trying to force people to buy their overpriced controller.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yeah, I know. But Sony ought to know that not everyone who owns a PS4 even uses a regular controller to play games. They should support that shit instead of trying to force people to buy their overpriced controller.
At least their are converter options. And they allow Game companies to use old controllers. I noticed a lot of people who have Xbones have issues finding tournament legal converters. And Microsoft doesnt seem to care about people using old controllers

sorry didnt mean to resurrect or necro thread, didnt want to open new one either.
my friend wants to use xbox one controller on ps4, what converter should i advise him?