What's new

PS4 Injustice Online Tourney?

Interactable free tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I've received some interest from a couple of players already and I was wondering who else would be down for this. I'm not sure how this will be run and I have yet to work out the details, but I'm working on that and will get it out as soon as possible.

Again, this is for PS4 only. If you would like to be included in this, make it obvious in some way/shape/form that you are interested. I have yet to set a date and time for this event because a.) I want to know the number of people interested and b.) I wanna try to accommodate as many people as possible.

Those with already-confirmed interest are:

@Espio @SaltShaker @juicepouch @Amplified$hotz @meanzuga @Eldriken @HeroesNZ @Crusty Clown @jmt @ThaShiveGeek @MrProfDrPepper@SoundsLikePAUSE @DanteDemonZ

Also, looking at it now, it's quite obvious that interactables were quite a bit of a balance issue in injustice. Now because of this, I'd also like to know who would like this to be an interactable-free tournament.

PLEASE only vote in the poll if you're serious about joining this tournament. I know I can't stop you damn trolls but there's no need to be a douche here lol

I wanna get this going ASAP cause some of us probably have school soon, so deadline for demonstrating interest is by the end of Friday this week.

Last edited:
If you need or want help I'm down. I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays, but go to bed early on Saturdays for my double on Sunday. I tried to do this some weeks back and only Splash and SLP showed up. Hopefully the turnout is much better this time around.
That'd be helpful. I've never had to organize an event and my mom tells me my backpack's a black hole

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
That'd be helpful. I've never had to organize an event and my mom tells me my backpack's a black hole
Once you get the date and time set, I can make a bracket and signup page. Do you want me to run/commentate with you or just run it myself after everything is set? As long as it lands on a Friday I have no problem doing what needs to be done.

Sike, looks like most people would like a friday night. Hmm that could work out for me I'd need to check my own availability though

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Interactable free sounds good, but I won't be able to confirm if I can play until the day of the tournament, whenever it is.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
depending when, i could potentially play. Right now I work 3rd shift 10-5 6 days a week, plus my aforementioned awful wifi at home lol. In a few weeks when I'm at school, I would be willing to play what with a better connection and a more forgiving night schedule. I might miss a potential first tourney that way, but if this keeps going i'd gladly go 0-2 :p

True Grave

I planned to but I wasn't sure how we'd facilitate that. I feel like the players shouldnt stream it cause it may contribute to lag. I was thinking of setting up koth trios
I usually just stream top 8 since that's what everyone wants to see and it moves smoother too. Throw a few high profile matches to entertain the stream until top 8 hits. That's how I run them anyway for streaming.

Unfortunately for you, I don't need interactables to MOP THAT ASS.

THOU'S EARTH SHALL BE SHOOK. >=O
Imma put u full screen once and you'll stay there for the duration of the match

I usually just stream top 8 since that's what everyone wants to see and it moves smoother too. Throw a few high profile matches to entertain the stream until top 8 hits. That's how I run them anyway for streaming.
Sounds good

depending when, i could potentially play. Right now I work 3rd shift 10-5 6 days a week, plus my aforementioned awful wifi at home lol. In a few weeks when I'm at school, I would be willing to play what with a better connection and a more forgiving night schedule. I might miss a potential first tourney that way, but if this keeps going i'd gladly go 0-2 :p
That's fine, I'm willing to wait weeks to make sure everyone here makes it

@HeroesNZ Do you rlly mean like the day of? If I get you a date in, say, a week, could you come thru?

E

Eldriken

Sounds good

@HeroesNZ Do you rlly mean like the day of? If I get you a date in, say, a week, could you come thru?
I take it you have never played a patient Doomsday player? Best prepare yourself. We're a scary lot. ;)

True Grave

Sounds good

Okay, do you want to run it on your stream or do it on mine?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
USER=17136]@HeroesNZ[/USER] Do you rlly mean like the day of? If I get you a date in, say, a week, could you come thru?
Nah it's not work-related or anything, I just won't know until the day regardless of when it is. Super inconvenient I know, but you could just leave the brackets open until just before the tournament starts, or I could join and if I can't make it my opponent gets a bye.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
If it is on a day where I am available then I'm totally down for this, I need to warm up my scrub ass GL anyways

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Interactables, especially background bounces where very important for low damage characters btw. They were too strong when you had MMH and Aquaman abusing them but there's characters that really needed them.