What's new

PS4 dpad issue

ok so as of late i really havent been able to play injustice because for some reason my character is stuck in the crouch position. i play with the dpad of course but i dont know what the problem is. has anyone else been having or has had this problem? would love to know how to fix this

ok so as of late i really havent been able to play injustice because for some reason my character is stuck in the crouch position. i play with the dpad of course but i dont know what the problem is. has anyone else been having or has had this problem? would love to know how to fix this
Haven't had this issue and I've been using my ps4 extensively. However what i usually do when faced with this situation is use some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball or swab and go around the edges of the button. The goal is to have A LITTLE bit of the liquid get inbetween the button in question to do its job in breaking down/removing anything that could be causing the problem. If that doesn't work you might need a more technical answer, or you have received a lemon.

Haven't had this issue and I've been using my ps4 extensively. However what i usually do when faced with this situation is use some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball or swab and go around the edges of the button. The goal is to have A LITTLE bit of the liquid get inbetween the button in question to do its job in breaking down/removing anything that could be causing the problem. If that doesn't work you might need a more technical answer, or you have received a lemon.
thanks gonna try that and see what happens. might juat have to buy a new one though

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I actually had similar issues that you described early this morning, and I was wondering when it would happen. My fighting game controllers only last about 3 to 5 months, I am very heavy handed and tend to hit the buttons with quite a bit of pressure at times. Sometimes when I hit back, my character will do a jump back now. Gonna try Preon's method to see if it can remedy the problem. If not, I need a new controller. I can't even blame the DS4, it's just me...I've always busted them quickly, and to think, this bad boy has stood the test of over 2,000 matches on PS4.

Appreciate that advice, Preon.

I have the same problem. The ps4 controller is so delicate compared to ps3. I've already got a broken trigger and my d pad is damaged too.

Skedar70

Noob
My dualshock 4 is starting to see this. It still works but the left d pad button feels harder. I remember my friends ps4 controller started to feel this way before it was completely unusable. I bought this controller on July and its starting to break by December. My dualshock 3 controllers lasted 2-3 years working perfectly before I sold them they probably still work fine. Is this an issue we have because of fighting games? Is the dualshock 4 not capable for handling fighting games.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
This sounds like you eat and don't wash your hands before rushing back to gaming. Grease does this to controllers, when I was little it happened a couple times, haven't had this problem in years 'cause I now don't ever touch my controllers if I know I have any type of something on my fingers. Or also, maybe you dropped some kind of liquid on it. If neither is the case, then maybe the rubber is wearing out from everyday use(maybe you press the down direction way too hard to try to block).