What's new

PS4 Beta Codes Error

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
So my friend pulled the old switcheroo on Amazon and Gamestop by pre-ordering the game, getting the beta code and cancelling it.

I know it's not very elegant, but we're both PC players with the game already pre-ordered on Steam, so I'm not going to lose my sleep over it.

Regardless when he tries to redeem those codes he gets this error, which basically means that the code has already been used.

He asked around and it seems that PS4 players couldn't download the beta, but this is still a very weird error to get, so I was asking if this is actually normal. If not, is it due to our shady practices? Can we solve it?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, since this is not a well-known error, my guess is that someone did the same thing as you guys, let's call him shady, and you guys got the code that shady used.
Aren't the codes generated at the time of pre ordering though? I mean this happened 3 times in a row, it sounds unlikely.

Ceroder

Noob
Aren't the codes generated at the time of pre ordering though? I mean this happened 3 times in a row, it sounds unlikely.
That's weird. Tell him to not cancel the pre-order and see if he can use the MK11 beta code w/o problems, just to try. Then he can just cancel the pre-order if it works.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
When I was giving out beta codes for the stress test, I found that they were actually American codes that had to be redeemed via an American account. A friend of mine thought I was pranking him until he made a USA smurf and redeemed them on that.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I never even got mine from Amazon wtf
Ahahaha ask Amazon about it mate.

When I was giving out beta codes for the stress test, I found that they were actually American codes that had to be redeemed via an American account. A friend of mine thought I was pranking him until he made a USA smurf.
The beta should be for everyone though, but it's worth a shot. Thanks man.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, shit. That is unfortunate.

I wonder if it's happening to a lot of people.
I know right? The wird thing is that it happened legit 3 times in a row, so at this point I think it's because of our shady practices. The thread did give me a couple of ideas to try out though, so we still have hope.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Not sure on PS4 but I haven't received a Beta code for XB1 yet. I think XB1 is supposed to get them a day B4 the Beta release? I'm not positive on that but it's what it said on Mortal Kombat dot com.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Not sure on PS4 but I haven't received a Beta code for XB1 yet. I think XB1 is supposed to get them a day B4 the Beta release? I'm not positive on that but it's what it said on Mortal Kombat dot com.
Because of this issue my friend and I started contacting some people and he told me that XB1 players already got the code and were even able to pre download the beta. I'd contact your seller if I were you.

Should we wait to redeem them until the beta is live? Or can you do it before?
No need to wait.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I
Because of this issue my friend and I started contacting some people and he told me that XB1 players already got the code and were even able to pre download the beta. I'd contact your seller if I were you.

No need to wait.

Got mine through Xbox Store