What's new

PS4 3.50 update reintroduced 8-min timeout on brook UFB - NEW FIRMWARE RELEASED - See link

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
PS4 3.50 update landed today, and apparently the 8-minute timeout is back in play (at least for my Brook Universal Fighting Board). No firmware update listed on the Brook support page yet.

Will update with more information as I find it, however if anybody finds something before me feel free to post.

Edit 1: according to @Youphemism Brook is working to hopefully release a firmware update tomorrow (07 April 16).

Edit 2: Success! New Brook firmware released. Played for over 15 minutes after updating with no time-out. http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/PS4/

Last edited:
I was making a new stick with this PCB. I hope Sony doesn't decide to drop another update before Evo and before Brook can update their PCB.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
Updated OP with link to brook support page with new firmware for Universal Fighting Board. No timeouts after playing for just over 15 minutes.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
Dang, you think that is intentional? Or simply some software compatibility oversight? I love using my Audio technicas with a mixamp far more than my stock ps4 headset

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah it's only manuals for the majority, and when I try to download one of the manuals it downloads as a "File" type file rather than a PDF, Word document or something else which is weird. No XB1 to PS4 firmware out yet.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
I'd assume Brook is still working on the xbox to PS firmware still, as only the PS firmwares look to actually have PC downloads available.