What's new

PS3 Pads/Sticks to PS4

C-Sword

Noob
Got this today.

No DualShock 4 needed, plug and play

No 8-10 secs re-authentication needed

Support both wired and wireless DualShock 3.

Here's a few seconds of video of me using it, if there was lag, I did not feel any.

Before I bought this, I sent that message to the seller

Do I have to reset the adapter every 8-10 minutes for re-authentication? Because you have to do that with other adapters like the CronusMax and Titan One.

His answer:

No need , this one has built-in original chip !!

C-Sword

Noob
You can set turbo on, but not program macros. Most arcade sticks and fightpads have the turbo function. I saw people using the Fighting Commander 4 at EVO and that has turbo as well. I can't also imagine someone playing MKX with turbo on.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ps3-ps4-controller-to-xbox-one.54073/

I might be able to test it out with @Icepick Qanba stick tomorrow, so you guys might wanna wait for my impressions before buying it.
Just tested it today with my Qanba Q4. It has almost no lag. If there's lag, it's barely noticeable. I tested it on MKX and Guilty Gear Xrd. It does not have the same problem as the TitanOne (where you have to reset the timer every 8 minutes). I was able to use it for 2 hours without any problem.

The only problem I noticed was setting this up. We had to plug it in and out a few times and we also had to restart the PS4. Once it's working, it's actually pretty good. This is not like the original cronus. The original cronus had pretty bad lag. I never tested the cronusmax or titanone.

It's a good device if you want to use it at home. I don't think you can use this in a tournament since all TO have banned these type of devices in tournaments. You can use it at home but you will have to be careful since the other models (cronus, cronusmax) have a problem with destroying usb ports.

I was about to drop 300 for the TE2 rivals stick. thank you c sword for saving me money
I would wait on the TE2. The current model has 2 problems:
- No Touchpad
- a defect in the plexiglass

C-Sword

Noob
Just tested it today with my Qanba Q4. It has almost no lag. If there's lag, it's barely noticeable. I tested it on MKX and Guilty Gear Xrd. It does not have the same problem as the TitanOne (where you have to reset the timer every 8 minutes). I was able to use it for 2 hours without any problem.

The only problem I noticed was setting this up. We had to plug it in and out a few times and we also had to restart the PS4. Once it's working, it's actually pretty good. This is not like the original cronus. The original cronus had pretty bad lag. I never tested the cronusmax or titanone.

It's a good device if you want to use it at home. I don't think you can use this in a tournament since all TO have banned these type of devices in tournaments. You can use it at home but you will have to be careful since the other models (cronus, cronusmax) have a problem with destroying usb ports.
I found it why it wasn't working at first, I didn't plug it all the way in, it was standing, so I thought it was connected properly. I'd still recommend a USB hub if you guys want to use a device like that. I don't think it can fry your USB ports, but the weight of the adapter + the strain of the cable of your controller can damage them.

If you fixed the plug in problem and use a usb hub/usb extension cable to prevent damaging the usb port, then you should not have any problem with this device. It is a major upgrade from the previous cronus since it is basically lagless, no dropped inputs, and no need for a second controller. If I did not buy my new Hori Kai, I would have picked this up.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
So you don't notice any difference in input lag compared to your DS4?

Is there a big difference doing certain motions with a DS3 (b,f or command grab-type inputs)?

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Sucks because it most likely won't be tournament legal, I bought my Hori FC4 for just about as much as you paid for that adapter and it works on PC as well as PS3 and PS4 (also tournament legal)

C-Sword

Noob
Sucks because it most likely won't be tournament legal, I bought my Hori FC4 for just about as much as you paid for that adapter and it works on PC as well as PS3 and PS4 (also tournament legal)
I have the FC4, I was probably the first one here who bought it, the rotating dpad annoys the shit out of me. As for the device being possible banned at tournaments, it doesn't have macros and if people use USB extension cables, the ports should be fine.

So far, it doesn't seem to create lag for the 2nd player, I was the 2nd player and using a PS2 to PS4 converter and did not notice any lag.

I'll go get a USB extension cable later on and report back.

C-Sword

Noob
Alright, got it to work on the first try with a USB extension cable, I'd suggest you to get one if you plan on buying this device.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I just got mine today, and it's reading triangle and circle. Whenever the controller is shaken. Like I can litterally not be pressing a single button or the dpad, and shake the controller and the adapter will move and press buttons, even though in not moving it.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Hey, does it work with unofficial PS3 controllers? I have a PS3 unofficial controller that's similar to PS4 controller in design, and I wanna test it on PS4, and especially on MKX.

C-Sword

Noob
I just got mine today, and it's reading triangle and circle. Whenever the controller is shaken. Like I can litterally not be pressing a single button or the dpad, and shake the controller and the adapter will move and press buttons, even though in not moving it.
Did you go to their website and download the latest firmware update? What controller are you using?

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Did you go to their website and download the latest firmware update? What controller are you using?
I'm using the standard sixaxis dual shock 3. And yea I did down load their latest firmware. I tried up dating it multiple time and it says the update is successful but the issue never stops happening.