What's new

ProTips for Sgirl and HQ MU

Hi guys i am having some troubles with Sgirl and HQ Matchup, any protip to deal with MUs? Last weekend i was mopped by a HQueen.

Sgirl: Unable to zone, d2 en d1 interrupt my strings, i Know i can punish very hard. But it is difficult to get in, i think neutral game is Sgirl´s favor.

HQ: I got tottally zoned, very hard to deal with her trait, i am unable to zone as well. I got d1 into full combo.

Thanks

Hi guys i am having some troubles with Sgirl and HQ Matchup, any protip to deal with MUs? Last weekend i was mopped by a HQueen.

Sgirl: Unable to zone, d2 en d1 interrupt my strings, i Know i can punish very hard. But it is difficult to get in, i think neutral game is Sgirl´s favor.

HQ: I got tottally zoned, very hard to deal with her trait, i am unable to zone as well. I got d1 into full combo.

Thanks
be patient vs SG say full screen let him waste his laser while looking out for the tele he will come to you to try to open you up and once he does you can use your pokes to blow up her gaps and use your divekick advancing strings and low lightning to deal with her midscreen and upclose

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
be patient vs SG say full screen let him waste his laser while looking out for the tele he will come to you to try to open you up and once he does you can use your pokes to blow up her gaps and use your divekick advancing strings and low lightning to deal with her midscreen and upclose
After she uses her lasers what do I do though? Her trait meter recharges pretty fast. The divekick helps, but are there other options?

Also, and I mean no offense by this, could you use commas? English isn't my first language and I'm not having the easiest time understanding you.

After she uses her lasers what do I do though? Her trait meter recharges pretty fast. The divekick helps, but are there other options?

Also, and I mean no offense by this, could you use commas? English isn't my first language and I'm not having the easiest time understanding you.
Once her trait bar is finished it's your time to shine. You should use your divekick and your zoning tools(black magic and low lightning) and slowly come in until you are mid screen.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Once her trait bar is finished it's your time to shine. You should use your divekick and your zoning tools(black magic and low lightning) and slowly come in until you are mid screen.
His zoning tools are kinda useless against her, they all hit on the ground and SG has super good air mobility.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If Supergirl is just sitting there shooting lasers, you're not making her respect instant divekick, lightning trades, etc. Learn how to time your DK between lasers.

Also, the biggest secret about Supergirl's lasers is that they aren't going to win her the match if you're patient. Just walk/inch your way in if you don't feel comefortable making a read on DK.

Once you are in, she has to deal with your plus frames, your trait chip, your crossup shenanigans, f1/b2, and your damage that far exceeds hers. The risk/reward is in your favor.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If Supergirl is just sitting there shooting lasers, you're not making her respect instant divekick, lightning trades, etc. Learn how to time your DK between lasers.

Also, the biggest secret about Supergirl's lasers is that they aren't going to win her the match if you're patient. Just walk/inch your way in if you don't feel comefortable making a read on DK.

Once you are in, she has to deal with your plus frames, your trait chip, your crossup shenanigans, and your damage that far exceeds hers. The risk/reward is in your favor.
Slowing walking forward is what I've been doing up until now, but with her mobility, mixups and ability to low profile my everything, I am having an hard time up close too.

The damage is what kept me afloat in this MU so far honestly.

Last edited:
His zoning tools are kinda useless against her, they all hit on the ground and SG has super good air mobility.
If she is throwing her lasers around she won't be jumping etc.You can also cover a lot of space against her after she does the air laser it has some recovery.
SG outside of her knockdown shenanigans mainly has fake and unsafe mixup which one are giving you trouble?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If she is throwing her lasers around she won't be jumping etc.You can also cover a lot of space against her after she does the air laser it has some recovery.
SG outside of her knockdown shenanigans mainly has fake and unsafe mixup which one are giving you trouble?
Can't she do air dashes in air lasers? besides, even if she doesn't do them I have to respect them.

And mixups wise i'd say her f3 is the most problematic.

chores

bad at things
a good tip for the supergirl matchup is midscreen if she is pressuring you just allow her to perform a full combo -- this will reset the situation to neutral at the cost of 7% of your health bar

Can't she do air dashes in air lasers? besides, even if she doesn't do them I have to respect them.

And mixups wise i'd say her f3 is the most problematic.
The air laser is highly unsafe upclose you can punish it and I would highly recommend you to AA her If she keep air dashing.
Against f3 you should try to walk back or delay WU both are great options midscreen f3 is also slow some people WU with normals to deal with it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
a good tip for the supergirl matchup is midscreen if she is pressuring you just allow her to perform a full combo -- this will reset the situation to neutral at the cost of 7% of your health bar
Unless she has meter, besides if she gets a knockdown on me she can go for more stuff as Adam doesn't really have a wakeup. If you are talking about the breath, I can just punish that so there's no reason to get hit by it.

The air laser is highly unsafe upclose you can punish it and I would highly recommend you to AA her If she keep air dashing.
Against f3 you should try to walk back or delay WU both are great options midscreen f3 is also slow some people WU with normals to deal with it.
I'm trying to AA air dashes, but I almost always get blown up. Same against Superman and Bettle, which is weird as my AA on jumps without dashes are usually pretty good.

And I'll try walking back and delaying wakeups against f3, let's see how it goes. Thanks.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
It's important to note almost everything SG adores is unsafe. B123 is unsafe at every point so be ready with your d1 or f1 punishes.