What's new

Question - Jax Pro's and Con's of Jax?

LEGEND

YES!
Super short breakdown:

Pumped up has better zoning and damage

Wrestler has added mixups due to tick throws

Heavy weapons is better at pressure and hit confirms pokes in footsies for full combos. His rocket isnt as solid of a pure zoning tool as energy wave but it is really good at trades and is more useable vs teleporters and such due to being able to cancel it.

some general pros and cons

pros: great pressure and stagger strings, great high damaging corner combos, one of the fastest armored launchers in the game, decent zoning

cons: semi difficult midscreen high damaging combos (especially online), f2, 1 mid string whiffs on most female and some male characters if their crouching

GhosT

Noob
Super short breakdown:

Heavy weapons is better at pressure and hit confirms pokes in footsies for full combos. His rocket isnt as solid of a pure zoning tool as energy wave but it is really good at trades and is more useable vs teleporters and such due to being able to cancel it.
I hate doing this cuz I feel like the d bag guy saying WROOONG lol. But I saw it and have to reply cuz if this was true I would have endless hard on.

The d1 and d12 dint actually combo.

If u are hit by d12 you can still block the overhead launcher. But how amazing it would be to d12 combo lol. With 11 being plus 2 it would make jax Prolly too good since opponents constantly deciding to respect +2 or poke assuming a mixup.

If d12 combed u would get free mixups after 11 beca use of poke to combo fear lol.

I hate doing this cuz I feel like the d bag guy saying WROOONG lol. But I saw it and have to reply cuz if this was true I would have endless hard on.

If u are hit by d12 you can still block the overhead launcher. But how amazing it would be to d12 combo lol. With 11 being plus 2 it would make jax Prolly too good since opponents constantly deciding to respect +2 or poke assuming a mixup.

If d12 combed u would get free mixups after 11 beca use of poke to combo fear lol.
How is he wrong? I think he was talking about hit confirming strings you can rocket cancel to continue the combo such as 123, 12, f2,1, f2, etc.

LEGEND

YES!
How is he wrong? I think he was talking about hit confirming strings you can rocket cancel to continue the combo such as 123, 12, f2,1, f2, etc.
Had to re-read his post a few times but ya. I was talking about f3 and f21specifically but his hit confirms in general are really good

Being able to hit confirm F3 is unquestionably the strongest thing about heavy weapons

Notez4

Noob

Just because you can't confirm d12 doesn't mean he is wrong

GhosT

Noob
Had to re-read his post a few times but ya. I was talking about f3 and f21specifically but his hit confirms in general are really good

Being able to hit confirm F3 is unquestionably the strongest thing about heavy weapons
I misread the post it's my bad. I thought he meant pokes like d1 d12 d3 d4 but I read it too fast. Prolly thought that is what you meant because I was thinking earlier how rediculous it would be if jax could hit confirm just basic pokes into his launcher lol.

But yeah my mistake both of you are spot on there

GhosT

Noob
Just because you can't confirm d12 doesn't mean he is wrong
Nah it doesn't mean he is wrong. Because for some reason I associate the word poke with crouching normals and did not think he was talking about f3 f2 etc.

For some reason I also group moves like f3 or f2 in a category I call standing normals. So when I read poke thought crouching pokes which as we know don't combo with overhead launch.

So yes he wasn't wrong. I thought I did a good job of trying to sound like I WASN'T just trying to roast him lol

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Con: His mid screen BNBs are hard as shit.
Con: His mid screen BNBs are almost impossible on female characters.
Con: Facing characters with good pokes, I am often poked out of pressure when using 123, 11, etc. First hit being high, and the others that start low or mid coming out slower than said pokes.
Pro: Dat damage!
Pro:Dat Pressure.
Pro: Those mix ups.
Pro:Those wake ups.
Pro: D2
Pro:HW Jax
Pro:Every variation is good.

Other stuff. The take away for me is that he is one of the most execution heavy characters in this game (Particularly mid screen) but if you put in the time and effort with him you can be a monster (See tyrant. Especially at SCR)

Notez4

Noob
Nah it doesn't mean he is wrong. Because for some reason I associate the word poke with crouching normals and did not think he was talking about f3 f2 etc.

For some reason I also group moves like f3 or f2 in a category I call standing normals. So when I read poke thought crouching pokes which as we know don't combo with overhead launch.

So yes he wasn't wrong. I thought I did a good job of trying to sound like I WASN'T just trying to roast him lol
Lol its all good. I usually refer to moves like f3 as command normals. Sf style haha but yeah I feel like in mk any thing falling short of the full string can be referred to as pokes.

Death

Noob
He is great. I wish they would fix his f2 and make it a bit more consistent. Seems to work as a high in some cases.

nodq

wicked
I picked up Jax some time ago because no one plays him actually, online at least not. And i wanted to know why. I ended up using PumpedUp the most. I like the idea of having good zoning and mind games with quake full screen and from Jumps. And i actually play him like that, i just dont rush down 99% of the time, i mix it up so to speak and it works as pumped up. I liked that style of gameplay. i actually lose much more than with my main characters.. but thats ok, i may practice more, there is no way i can do his BnB mid screen online, ist just do F3-dashpunch. and i never play offline so :D

But i do think hes harder to play than my other characters, like mileena, raiden, dvorah. But i think thats what makes it fun, right? Do people really think hes top 3 at the moment? Tier wise. im not sure about that actually.

His cons (online) are heavy pokers mostly low pokers and i personally have big trouble with sticking on teleporters especially to keep them in corner, thats hard to deal with as Jax imho.

LEGEND

YES!

Haha no problem man

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Jax is S tier in my opinion
All 3 variation have a unique use because even without variation Ajax is really good in comparison to chars who depend on their variations

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Super short breakdown:

can i ask why nobody uses the machine guns?

D4G

Win At All Cost
can i ask why nobody uses the machine guns?
I honestly dont know why either, I've seen Tyrant and many others lose games simply because they try to go in and close the distance to do up close damage when they could've just as easily stayed full screen and used machine gun and Rockets for chip and force the opponent to come to you and accomplish the same thing.

But, I play Wrestler so there's a chance I'm missing something.