What's new

Proposed Geras Changes

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Fuck 'em. He can still be good, but tone down SOME of his cancer please.

Strings
*F21 no longer exists. F212 is now a full dial string
*F212 final hit speed reduced to create a FB gap between F21 and F212
*F212 now + on block
*F212 damage increased by 15
*F22 no longer tracks

Sand Trap / Quick Sand (Infinite Warden)
*KB requirements swapped
*Quick Sand new high block KB works during combo strings
*First hit damage lowered to 10. Rest of damage is on final hit (same in total)
*Quick Sand damage increased from 145 to 155
*Sand Trap damage increased from 116 to 125
*Recovery increased from 33 to 37
*FB advantage changed from -19 to -28

Sand Simulacrum (Eternal)
*Time Warp now costs 1 bar of defensive meter
*Erase Simulacrum block advantage lowered from +12 to +4

Erase Time (Eternal)
*Recovery reduced to no longer be punishable, but still result in turn loss

Tada! A couple brainless tools just got a little higher IQ requirement.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
I love how people complain about f212 without realizing that is the ONLY good string he have, b22 is unsafe and theres no safe option to cancel it, 111 has a gap on the second hit and 11 sand trap is completely fuzzyable, 241 has gaps on all the hits and 24 sand trap is also fuzzyable, f22 has a gap that u can jab interrupt it or jump over, f32 while its a good mid leads to nothing on hit and u give up ur turn on block.
Geras is in a delicate spot rn, hes one nerf away from being garbage tier and ur suggestion for his f212 string is exactly my point, after all theres a reason to always see the same string over and over, its his only good one and if u nerf it to the ground then u kill the character all together.
My proposed changes would be to f212 be more - on block so u cant machine gun d1 after it every time, reduced hitbox on his body splash and jump kick so he doesn’t get free jump ins every time, change his forward throw so he doesn’t have throw loops on both sides, and reduce the damage on all his kbs. I dont think he needs a nerf to his combo damage overall cuz after gauntlet nerf he pretty much does the damage of all the cast, 30ish for a bar and close to 40 for 2 bars.
And about Eternal i agree making his clone explosion drastically less plus than it currently is, something around +5 seems fair to me. And also remove the tick throw off of f2 completely cuz that shit is cheap af.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
F21 is a fraudulent and punishable stagger. Your F212 changes don't make sense at all.

- Just make F212 -5 or -6 (I want to say -6 but Raijin might become a big problem) so when I block that string I'd have options instead of having to guess between Geras mashing d1 or U2ing my d1 trying to stop his d1. It's an awful guessing game.

- Make d1 -6 on block and increase the block stun+recovery a couple of frames on top of that. Machine gunning his d1 works really well even offline and it's time to stop lol.

- Nerf his dashes so he can't glide around the stage like he's on cocaine. That's actually what boosts so much about what Geras does.

- Tone down his KB damage. The knee break KB string does 340+ dmg which is absolutely insane. Mean while other characters like Raiden have punish KB strings that do around 280. Geras should do around the same damage.

- Reduce the insane hitbox on body splash. He already has a great normals that he can play good footsies with, no need to add maniac ez mode jumping to get him to take turns all day long.

These changes alone will make him tolerable IMO without overhauling his gameplan. Eternal will still have its shit but I think the dashes nerf would make it easier to deal with. And he still has 37% 1-bar bnbs in IW which is fucking nuts but doing less damage from KBs and less ways to take turns so easily with the nerfs above would make him less insufferable.

Last edited:

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
F21 is a fraudulent and punishable stagger. Your F212 changes don't make sense at all.

- Just make F212 -5 or -6 (I want to say -6 but Raijin might become a big problem) so when I block that string I'd have options instead of having to guess between Geras mashing d1 or U2ing my d1 trying to stop his d1. It's an awful guessing game.

- Make d1 -6 on block and increase the block stun+recovery a couple of frames on top of that. Machine gunning his d1 works really well even offline and it's time to stop lol.

- Nerf his dashes so he can't glide around the stage like he's on cocaine. That's actually what boosts so much about what Geras does.

- Tone down his KB damage. The knee break KB string does 340+ dmg which is absolutely insane. Mean while other characters like Raiden have punish KB strings that do around 280. Geras should do around the same damage.

- Reduce the insane hitbox on body splash. He already has a great normals that he can play good footsies with, no need to add maniac ez mode jumping to get him to take turns all day long.

These changes alone will make him tolerable IMO without overhauling his gameplan. Eternal will still have its shit but I think the dashes nerf would make it easier to deal with. And he still has 37% 1-bar bnbs in IW which is fucking nuts but doing less damage from KBs and less ways to take turns so easily with the nerfs above would make him less insufferable.
This.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Make sand trap hit mid not low and thats it :) It will still work as intended ( anit zoning tool) but at least if he gets life lead and run away spamming it you dont have to walk and crouch all the time . You could also just make f212 not special cancelable anymore .

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
His recovery on sand trap needs to be much higher and he needs to be more negative and his D1 should be 7 frames and his U2 should be nerfed into oblivion.

That was much easier.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Delete is the fastest and easiest way.

Seriously, do people actually like him as a character or is he popular just because he's broken?
Damn beat me to it lol. It's definitely the latter lol but who's going to admit it? lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Delete is the fastest and easiest way.

Seriously, do people actually like him as a character or is he popular just because he's broken?
People like quick and easy, that's why fast food rules the world.

And like people already said many times before, making new chars strong ensures people play them. Sucks but that's how it works.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
People like quick and easy, that's why fast food rules the world.

And like people already said many times before, making new chars strong ensures people play them. Sucks but that's how it works.
haha fast food. True, I mean sometimes if you go out to a fancy place they take forever and you never know what's going on in the kitchen. I've heard some crazy food poison stories...at least with FF while it's often bad for you you know what you're going to get and can see them most of the time flipping the burgers, fries etc lol

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
F212 -7 on block and cannot special cancel on BLOCK

Sand trap -40 on block and 5 more frames on whiff

Pokes, jumps, fatal blow and wakeups normalized not only geras but all characters.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

I like all these proposed changes a whole lot more as they hit most of what is so frustrating about him in a simpler manner. However, Sand Trap / Quick Sand are in an unacceptable state right now for a character that's predominantly built as a rushdown monster. If they did all the changes you listed AND made Trap/Sand have higher whiff recovery, Geras would be golden. He'd still have 6f D1, throw loops, fantastic combo damage, and full screen presence; but he'd be considerably less autopilot at pulling things off (as this is 100% my core issue with the character).