What's new

General/Other - Acidic Proposed Acidic Balance Changes

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
OK first of all, Alien and Tanya are very similar comparisons due to the fact that Alien's EX wakeup game is both unsafe and one comboes while the other doesn't. and YES BOTH are unsafe on both their wakeups. There's no difference except for Tanya it's low and Alien its overhead. Flip in design wasn't meant to be punishable. Like reptile's slash or reptiles overhead flip. It's a situation for a counterpoke or just trying not to die by doing a blockstring and waiting for Alien to recover.

Also the flip doesn't guarantee anything. It's a knockdown, and its a mindgame. If you keep blocking or whatever, it's your decision. It's not a restand or massive plus frames. Flip's EX version is punishable because it comboes and is armored. Punishing regular flip almost takes away the usability. Why do the regular version when both are punishable and the EX grants me a combo on hit? Flip being slightly safe is a way for Alien not to be punished on all his strings or low tail.

I'm noticing flip is a very sensitive topic to TYM. Some people want it death on block, some -9 or -10, some want it the same. Alien's frame data is horrendous minus frames besides the three moves he needs/abuses to stay blocking while losing his turn. FLip, acid spit, acid puddle. His acid plus frames are nothing to scare or jail anyone and he has to guess/bait after any acid attack.
@Tweedy

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I agree with JIP2 being adjusted and thats about it. thats really the only unfair thing about Alien ATM, because of the auto tracking it has. (you should know what im talking about)
@hkriderz

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
This here thread is dead and gone but I'll post this here anyways.

I still never understood why Alien's Acid has needs a nerf. It is a projectile, and does 8% damage over time. 1% more damage than a regular projectile does, it does it over time instead of one big burst, and if it's one of the 6 ticks after the original 3%, it doesn't kill. On top of that, the acid is not applied after an overhead/low, and the ticks that are applied for d3 are ridiculously low.

d3 does 10 .1 ticks, a full, amazing and OP 1% of damage.

Exo Sting, as previously mentioned, does 3.00% on hit and 10 .5% ticks, totaling at 8.00%.

Acid Blood does 12 ticks of .5% damage when stood on, totaling at 8.00% when combined with the starting 2.00%. Exactly the same as his Exo Sting, but this one is used in pressure, but damages you, and applies 10 ticks of .5 damage on hit, totaling at 13.00% on the move as a whole. Keep in mind that unless you are standing in the puddle, you won't take the other 6.00%, and even then, you won't die from it.

Know also, that EX Exo Sting does 3.00% for the first sting and 2.40% for the second, and applies two Acid DoTs. EX Exo Sting is also interruptible with armor, I've tested it against many moves, such as Liu Kang's flying kick, Milleena's ball, Kung Lao's spin, Tanya's flipkick (just for fun), Kitana's spring, Reptile's dash, etc and only at very far to max range, is it safe when interrupted (not including forward moving armored moves such as Sub-Zero and Reptile's slide, and in various cases Tanya's flipkick) and is not interruptible only if used at sweep range.

Essentially, the only problem with Acidic Alien is the fact that people look at the Acid as something added on, when in fact, the Acid is nothing special. I doubt anyone would complain nearly as much if the Exo Stings did a flat 8.00%. Again, these DoTs do NOT kill (for some reason), so even if he does rightfully get the Acid on you, you won't die.

Where the other nerfs and buffs are concerned, I really don't care because I'm probably dropping Alien as a character if the Acid gets nerfed. His entire moveset is completely negative besides around 4-5 moves (the ones in question), hence why so many Alien players either space themselves out or throw out said moves on the end of their move. Removing the safety from those moves basically makes him Tanya.

P.S.Takeda's EX Flip does have armor when in the air