What's new

Proof that Ash Williams was supposed to be in Kombat Pack 1

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Ash was replaced by Joker for the simple reason of marketing strategy, due the new Joker movie coming up, and because Joker is a more popular character than Ash, who is more or less restricted to be more flattered by the Evil Dead niche fanbase ..... despite I, personally, preferring Ash over Joker anyday, hehe :p

Anyway, they're testing waters here with KP1, and if well received (aka "if sells well"), they will guarantee Ash Williams in the KP2. ;)

Ash was replaced by Joker for the simple reason of marketing strategy, due the new Joker movie coming up, and because Joker is a more popular character than Ash, who is more or less restricted to be more flattered by the Evil Dead niche fanbase ..... despite I, personally, preferring Ash over Joker anyday, hehe :p

Anyway, they're testing waters here with KP1, and if well received (aka "if sells well"), they will guarantee Ash Williams in the KP2. ;)
No doubt about it, but I wonder what's the reasoning behind releasing him 3 months after the movie.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Not to mention the chainsaw sound at the end of the Shang trailer. If I had to guess I bet he was intended to be in the pack but WB was like na bruh, Joker has to come first because of his new movie, so work on and put him in the trailer first. Would explain why some people think he looks off in the reveal too.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I just got the exact same pop up, but it said Joker instead. Curious.

I think its odd that this pop up wouldnt have been corrected way, WAY, ahead of schedule. Its not like they made the decision and cut the trailer two days ago. But who knows?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
No doubt about it, but I wonder what's the reasoning behind releasing him 3 months after the movie.
yep, normally, does not work that way, hehe ..... maybe they're confident that the new movie, with Joaquin Phoenix, will be well received and so, the time gap between the movie release and the DLC, will build enough hype, and people will be more interesting .....

on IGAU, they released Zod only after some time, the movie Man of Steel was released, and he sold well, so, maybe they're using the same comercial strategy tactics for Joker, who knows ?

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
If true, then the sudden switch could also explain why Joker looks so off in the trailer compared to everyone else. It really is just an unfinished model. Hell, it might explain why the KP trailer was so late in the first place. I'm willing to bet there's a scrapped version with Ash instead of Joker
This screen, Joker's render looking like it hasn't been face modeled yet, the chainsaw noise in Shang's trailer, the pack trailer delay -- SOMETHING happened between Shang's release and now that caused a rather notable shift in the DLC schedule.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Seems Campbell was right, Ash is not gonna be in MK...right now. Either there was scheduling conflicts or they had to drop the idea and it's gonna be someone else entirely.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Wtf if that was the original order, that means sindel wasn’t coming until next year lmao

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Honestly, just bet on a season 2. It's becoming the industry standard and data leaks have yet to be wrong. Look at Tag, they had data for the Senran Kagura girls at launch and they are just now getting into the game over a year later

Gamer68

Fujin!
Also explains why the trailer took so long. Remember those pics that Boon used to tease Sindel and even Nightwolf before he was released? Those were from this trailer. It seems that the trailer was mostly done then, yet it took so long to release it for some reason -- maybe because they had to change it to Joker instead.

Agilaz

It has begun
Honestly, just bet on a season 2. It's becoming the industry standard and data leaks have yet to be wrong. Look at Tag, they had data for the Senran Kagura girls at launch and they are just now getting into the game over a year later
People are already panicking that KP1 is going to be all we get.

I think NRS might have been serious when they talked about supporting the game for a longer time and packing it with content. Kind of a year 2 thing where aside from characters we might get more stages or a new part of the Krypt or whatever.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
People are already panicking that KP1 is going to be all we get.

I think NRS might have been serious when they talked about supporting the game for a longer time and packing it with content. Kind of a year 2 thing where aside from characters we might get more stages or a new part of the Krypt or whatever.
I could see that. Maybe taking the 2 year cycle and making it a 3? I don't know the cost to benefit ratio for just dlc compared to a new game, especially with how well NRS games do