What's new

Tech - TriBorg Proof of Concept: Tri Borg Stand 4 vs Goro Stomp

This concept is based on a previous video I uploaded for fun demonstrating how Ermac's D4 could be used to stop both Goro & Quan Chi from using Stomp.

I wasn't sure if this particular instance was possible, though given the high hit box of Tri Borg's standing 4, I had to assume so. I will say it was difficult to time at first and even now I can't use it 100% of the time. Though I do think it could be at least somewhat useful as I'm sure everyone has encountered a Goro who will randomly throw out a Stomp from mid to full screen. So, call it a Proof of Concept.

Yes, I know of other/easier ways to get around stomp, and this is a bit of a read on whether or not Goro will allow it to track vs aiming it somewhere specific.

That being said, keep it in your back pocket, just in case.

Last edited:
What I'm interested in is how bad the frame disadvantage is if you whiff it b/c the goro player lands elsewhere (doesn't track). Tbh, it looks pretty safe to do even if the goro lands elsewhere and the risk is not very high at all.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
As Smoke, have you tried doing the EX Stomp? I think he could have the time to go on the upside side of Goro there. I haven't tried that, but I will test to see if it works.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
What I'm interested in is how bad the frame disadvantage is if you whiff it b/c the goro player lands elsewhere (doesn't track). Tbh, it looks pretty safe to do even if the goro lands elsewhere and the risk is not very high at all.
i meant the risk if you mess it up and he kicks your head in

if he whiffs it you definitely safe

That's essentially it. If he whiffs he recovers after the stand 4 or at least close to it. The biggest problem you'll have is miss timing it. But that's just practice. Semi worst case you trade and he still gets launched while you recover.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I was gonna sleep, but I've never had to lab Goro before... Guess I'm practicing this, and finally learning the match-up.
Also, I have to agree that it seems most potent for Cyrax, but man all I see is Smoke s4 AA combos in my head.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I was gonna sleep, but I've never had to lab Goro before... Guess I'm practicing this, and finally learning the match-up.
Also, I have to agree that it seems most potent for Cyrax, but man all I see is Smoke s4 AA combos in my head.
its equally potent for everyone i think, cyrax doesn't have the easiest time opening people up of all 4 variations but he gets reset potential off an AA combo, so the risk reward is pretty good for him goin for this

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Sektor gets the most of this I think, easy 30 or so meterless and 40 for a bar.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
its equally potent for everyone i think, cyrax doesn't have the easiest time opening people up of all 4 variations but he gets reset potential off an AA combo, so the risk reward is pretty good for him goin for this
His reset potential, plus the fact that it's a way for him to open somebody up is why I'm weighting him heavier. For the actual AA s4 I wouldn't be surprised if he got the least, but the reset potential is hard to not count.

Wyntword

Noob
The window for that s4 is ridiculously tight, idk how high your skills or/and reaction suppose to be, to actually perform that... But I actually saw at one of the Shujinkydinks videos where he anti-aired it with d2, don't remember the character unfortunately... anyway, super difficult to perform, at least for me, better to just backdash f*** it:D

Reactions: GAV