What's new

Preventing PS4 Bluetooth Controller Sync Problems: Video Inside

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I wonder if we could just plug the DS4 into a cellphone charger plugged into a nearby outlet as a makeshift solution?
That should work, yes.
The one hazard being that if you powered up a controller this way before syncing it to a new console you'd be back in the Danger Zone.

Edit: That sounds kind of distrusting, but the bottom line is that the are several approaches that should work as long as no one messes up or does something malicious, which sounds fine but things happen.
But deleting wireless controllers as described by this thread is something YOU can do before YOUR match to GUARANTEE that no one can interfere no matter how good or bad their intentions are.

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Wait so did you come up with this or did RM Cloud?
cloud found out about it, indecisive made the original video, i shared it on twitter. people are giving me credit for it mostly because i was the one who brought it to the attention of a bunch of TOs and well known people in the FGC but end of the day TEAM RM FOUND IT OUT SON!!!

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I'm updating the OP with a video made by @CEO Jebailey explaining into greater detail how it works. And it does work. Shoutouts to @RM Jonnitti for bringing this to the attention of multiple TO's over twitter. Also would it be possible for a Mod to sticky this thread so it stays at the top. This is important information and with ESL tournaments and Locals happening all the time it will hit the bottom of the front page in a few days. It will not let me embed the Video in the OP for what ever reason. Or this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=vF7fMGpI5q4

Vandy

Kumite!
Thank you for the thread and videos. This is a big help in alleviating one of the tragic flaws of the Playstation in a tournament setting.

SZSR

Noob
I'm updating the OP with a video made by @CEO Jebailey explaining into greater detail how it works. And it does work. Shoutouts to @RM Jonnitti for bringing this to the attention of multiple TO's over twitter. Also would it be possible for a Mod to sticky this thread so it stays at the top. This is important information and with ESL tournaments and Locals happening all the time it will hit the bottom of the front page in a few days. It will not let me embed the Video in the OP for what ever reason. Or this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=10&v=vF7fMGpI5q4
Got it to Embed. For some reason, TYM's embed function doesn't like the timestamp thing ("t=10&") in the Youtube URL, so for future reference, just post the original video link.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Got it to Embed. For some reason, TYM's embed function doesn't like the timestamp thing ("t=10&") in the Youtube URL, so for future reference, just post the original video link.
I thought it was the original link. ;_;. Thank you though. ^_^ Also Could you get a mod to bump this thread on the front page. Since this is really useful info for the community. IIRC you do not have that power :(

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I thought roving the battery was required for tournaments?
Depends on the tournament. Evo said batteries must be removed. It looks like Combo Breaker allowed wireless controllers (from watching the stream). Wireless controllers will be allowed at the Commonwealth.

But regardless it is always in your best interest to delete old controllers as described here when you sit down to a match because if anyone has ever used a wireless controller on that console--power cycles don't matter--and it wasn't deleted or paired to another console that controller has the ability to interfere with your match.