What's new

pressuring and being pressured

jokey77

Character Loyalist
It´s well-known, that Kratos does not have any useful low pokes. Neither his d+1 nor his d+3 seem to be any fast. Thus Kratos has a hard time, getting rid of pressure. On the other hand Kratos has this weird parry-move, which makes attacking him very risky. However low pokes cannot be parried. So I guess, pressuring Kratos always has to begin with low pokes. On hit, the attacker might have enough time, to continue with another (standing) pressure-string. On block you propably should just spam further low pokes until Kratos is out of range. Since Kratos only has horribly slow pokes, there seems to be not much he could do about this.

Does anyone know the exact frame-data for d+1, d+3 and Parry?

Does anyone have experience with pressuring as Kratos? I remember the video of xxteefxx, where he combines d+4 and the dash cancel. This might be a very good way to deal with the fact, that Kratos does not have any useful low-attack at all.

What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated!

(I guess, in any other character-forum I would be supposed to not to start a new thread for a very "general" topic like "pressuring". However, since I am the only one who seems to care about Kratos, noone might notice my wrongdoing anyway. Besides I think, pressuring with Kratos is very unique and does deserve an own thread)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Try 21 hermes dash cancel 21 and repead ( on hit it was an infinite if they didn't pached it). Anti air......B1, buffer helios head ,2. You have to space it ,cause it has slow start up , but good range.If they jump and b1 hit they will eat the helios head and minimum 39 % combo. If the b1 miss the 2 is an overhead with huge hittbox(you can't crossover jump it).

It´s well-known, that Kratos does not have any useful low pokes. Neither his d+1 nor his d+3 seem to be any fast. Thus Kratos has a hard time, getting rid of pressure. On the other hand Kratos has this weird parry-move, which makes attacking him very risky. However low pokes cannot be parried. So I guess, pressuring Kratos always has to begin with low pokes. On hit, the attacker might have enough time, to continue with another (standing) pressure-string. On block you propably should just spam further low pokes until Kratos is out of range. Since Kratos only has horribly slow pokes, there seems to be not much he could do about this.

Does anyone know the exact frame-data for d+1, d+3 and Parry?

Does anyone have experience with pressuring as Kratos? I remember the video of xxteefxx, where he combines d+4 and the dash cancel. This might be a very good way to deal with the fact, that Kratos does not have any useful low-attack at all.

What do you guys think? Any input is appreciated!

(I guess, in any other character-forum I would be supposed to not to start a new thread for a very "general" topic like "pressuring". However, since I am the only one who seems to care about Kratos, noone might notice my wrongdoing anyway. Besides I think, pressuring with Kratos is very unique and does deserve an own thread)
D+1 is 8 frames. Not as fast as many other fighters' pokes, but it is something. Due to D+1 being -5 on hit and -19 on block, you're going to have to cancel it into either a backwards HDC for space to breathe, or Apollo's Bow. Cancel advantage of D+1 is +1 on block, +15 on hit, so Apollo's Bow is preferable when you think your D+1 is going to hit. (Thanks to Somberness for the Frame Data.)

Kratos is not a fighter built for pressuring, but if you need to, Hermes Dash Cancel is your best friend. Try things like 2,1xxHDC~1xxHDC~1,1,2~Apollo's Bow. Or 2,1xxHDC~1,1xxHDC~3xxHDC~2,1,2~Apollo's Bow. Note that I like to end my pressure using Apollo's Bow, as many don't expect me to use it at the end of a string, so it catches them and the positive frame advantage of it allows me to dash forward 1xxHDC~Throw for extra damage.

Last edited: