What's new

Preparing for Injustice 2

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm a relative newcomer to fighting games, but from the little bit I've played of the original Injustice, I've really enjoyed it. I'm very hyped for Injustice 2. What would be the best way to prepare for that game? Would it be more helpful to go back and learn how to play the original Injustice, or would it be better to pick up and study a game like MKX, assuming that Injustice 2 will have a similar engine/mechancis to MKX?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well MKX is very different from both Injustice and MK9, so it doesn't change much. Some mechanics are although different between the 2 series, like the block button.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The game is not coming out for a long time, well into 2017. Your best bet is to find a fighting game you enjoy the look of and just start playing it. There are some lessons that breach all the FGC titles. Frame Data, Safety, Punishes, etc etc. Any game will teach you these same things.

I would suggest taking up Street Fighter 5, or Killer Instinct. As much as I love MK it is not a very newcomer friendly game and the sad truth is that the p[layer base is diminishing rapidly. There is little reason imo to play the original Injustice.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Right now, because there's no gameplay of Injustice 2, we don't really know how similar it will be to previous NRS titles. And since they like to change it up with every new game, it will probably have a lot of new stuff. So yeah, best bet for the moment is probably to pick a title of your choosing and learn the basic fundamentals that every fighting game has like frame data, punishing, combos, etc. I guess Injustice 1 or MKX would probably be your best choices, but you don't have to choose one of those.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Injustice is a good game to grind your teeth with since the trait button makes combos less complicated and characters easier to learn. Also the Story modes are most likely connected. More importantly, I would consider if you would like to play on a fightstick or on a regular console controller.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I'm a relative newcomer to fighting games, but from the little bit I've played of the original Injustice, I've really enjoyed it. I'm very hyped for Injustice 2. What would be the best way to prepare for that game? Would it be more helpful to go back and learn how to play the original Injustice, or would it be better to pick up and study a game like MKX, assuming that Injustice 2 will have a similar engine/mechancis to MKX?
Play as many fighting games you can/like as, to be honest, no one knows how I2 will play. Develop your fundamentals with injustice, Killer Instict, SFV, guilty gear, MKX, whatever. It'll all be transferable

musgrave000

Cyrax on rax on rax
I'm going back and playing some of the first Injustice, going through story mode again, playing with some friends just for the hell of it and re familiarizing myself with it. After a little while though I'll go back to MKX/SFV to keep improving my general fighting game knowledge.