Predicting Shang Tsung special moves

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Health regeneration move 100%
Not in the game character moves or forms 100%
No shapeshifting, only copying the opponents I think

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I expect / hope that we also get Skull Ring return as a gear move.

A Morph Back move to transform back to Shang would be amazing too, and maybe if amplified it could be fast enough that we can continue a juggle. That would be the dream.

Speaking of dreams, my biggest request has always been a stun for combo off of amplified Soul Steal, maybe as gear. I wouldn't leave the lab!

Lun

proud TERF!
A special anti-air move that turns him into Kenshi.
A special grapple move that turns him into Goro.
A special teleport that turns him into Mileena.

.........Unfortunately, none of this is going to happen, and we'll just get MK9 Shang Tsung, who throws fireballs and only turns into his opponent. Oh well, at least Shang Tsung is in the game!

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
A special anti-air move that turns him into Kenshi.
A sepecial grapple move that turns him into Goro.
A special teleport that turns him into Mileena.

.........Unfortunately, none of this is going to happen, and we'll just get MK9 Shang Tsung, who throws fireballs and only turns into his opponent. Oh well, at least Shang Tsung is in the game!
Him turning into different characters during strings/specials/fatalities/brutalities would be so dope.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Him turning into different characters during strings/specials/fatalities/brutalities would be so dope.
This! I've been saying this all along. And, it'd be a nice way to give a nod to some of the characters who didn't make it in. Rather than have him shift into his opponent, have him shift into non-Roster characters like Reptile, Ermac, Sektor, and Cyrax. I mean, they already have models in the game.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
This! I've been saying this all along. And, it'd be a nice way to give a nod to some of the characters who didn't make it in. Rather than have him shift into his opponent, have him shift into non-Roster characters like Reptile, Ermac, Sektor, and Cyrax. I mean, they already have models in the game.
I’d be down for this actually.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I do miss shapeshifting into any character with him. My concern is they include that, they might get him a lengthy startup or recovery that's punishable. Either that or the rest of his move set is definitely subpar to balance him with shapeshifting. Very cool thread to speculate though!

they could include shapeshifting like a stance where you can perform 2-4 moves out of.

Or single move. Imagine a goro punchwalk, cyrax chest saw, mileena roll. Would be hype af

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I expect / hope that we also get Skull Ring return as a gear move.

A Morph Back move to transform back to Shang would be amazing too, and maybe if amplified it could be fast enough that we can continue a juggle. That would be the dream.

Speaking of dreams, my biggest request has always been a stun for combo off of amplified Soul Steal, maybe as gear. I wouldn't leave the lab!
He is gonna be strong, we know that but how? Will he be zoning based with no combos. Will he shapeshift into cast or just opponent? Will he be balanced between rushdown and zoning?

I'm very excited for Shang, Balance Patch and Nightwolf. I hope Cyrax is in but if not I'll be using Shang for sure.

DLC are usually strong if not broke, since they gotta make them sellable. I remember what day one Cyrax, Tanya, Alien and Leatherface was.