What's new

General/Other - Hunter Predator Hunter Discussion Thread

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
i find myself always out of stamina and i feel like hunter needs to use a lot of stamina by running up grab/trap mixups and running during combos, this is kind of a weakness
You should need to be running at all except during midscreen combos. B22 is a great tool for movement and occupying space when you have a smart disc out.

Parasurama

Dragon
That Tanya guy with the long hair in ESL finals used Hunter. Very impressive. I personally luke the idea of healing. Hunter's wake up options are less than HQT. No enhanced lasers. So we have to take the mix ups? The occasional D3? Any other ideas to wake up safely. Although zoners are probably more of a problem. Last post in January, all of you playing KP2 characters now?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
That Tanya guy with the long hair in ESL finals used Hunter. Very impressive. I personally luke the idea of healing. Hunter's wake up options are less than HQT. No enhanced lasers. So we have to take the mix ups? The occasional D3? Any other ideas to wake up safely. Although zoners are probably more of a problem. Last post in January, all of you playing KP2 characters now?
To be honest exss is an alright wake up but yeah you're going to have to eat the mixup 9/10. Sometimes you can get away with a raw ex trap but I highly doubt it. One of the reasons I think DAB was able to go hard with Hunter Pred was F/T isn't a strong zoner so that main weakness was taken away. Without that fear Hunter Pred can put on all the pressure/setups to win.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Hunter has always been good, its been ignored because of the hqt band wagon.
To me Hunter is a worse version of Konjurer Alien. I might be missing a gameplan strat that makes him good, which I'd love for you to tell me because I love the idea of Hunter pred.

DarksydeDash

To me Hunter is a worse version of Konjurer Alien. I might be missing a gameplan strat that makes him good, which I'd love for you to tell me because I love the idea of Hunter pred.
Ok first off, no. Hunter is far better than konjurer do to the fact he gets to end combos with trap after starting a combo with a trap. Alien doesn't get to resummon an egg. Secondly, his setups armor break EVERY WAKEUP IN THE game, and lastly, Alien can't call his eggs safely on knock down, hit, or block, but hunter can. Also, hunter has hard to blockables while alien just has safe 50/50s that are still blockable. At least with Konjurer you are able to block, Predator you have to block like 1 frame low to over and vice versa.

Did I mention Hunter's Trap is a low hitting projectile that leads into a full combo, and into a setup? You think the Ice Clone is bad? Wait till you have to deal with Hunter's trap.

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Ok first off, no. Hunter alien is far better than konjurer do to the fact he gets to end combos with trap after starting a combo with a trap. Alien doesn't get to resummon an egg. Secondly, his setups armor break EVERY WAKEUP IN THE game, and lastly, Alien can't call his eggs safely on knock down, hit, or block, but hunter can. Also, hunter has hard to blockables while alien just has safe 50/50s that are still blockable. At least with Konjurer you are able to block, Predator you have to block like 1 frame low to over and vice versa.

Did I mention Hunter's Trap is a low hitting projectile that leads into a full combo, and into a setup? You think the Ice Clone is bad? Wait till you have to deal with Hunter's trap.
How do you deal with zoning? From my experience you can't do jack shit from mid screen back because any projectile will beat out your traps. Part of me would trade not being able to throw out two traps in one combo for the ability to have a move like drone drop to cover my ass from a distance.

DarksydeDash

How do you deal with zoning? From my experience you can't do jack shit from mid screen back because any projectile will beat out your traps. Part of me would trade not being able to throw out two traps in one combo for the ability to have a move like drone drop to cover my ass from a distance.
Usually I block a projectile and throw out a trap in front of them. If they even think of doing anything but block you get a full combo. The other option is to armor through it with scimitar stab.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Usually I block a projectile and throw out a trap in front of them. If they even think of doing anything but block you get a full combo. The other option is to armor through it with scimitar stab.
After reading another forum I think that's a viable strat and Mileana's low sai just recovers too damn fast.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i know hunters mid screen 2 bar combo which is like 52%, does he have any variants of those? or what can he do in the corner, anything similar?

ando1184

Noob
Does it feel like snag has more recovery on activation now post patch? I mean I thought it was unsafe yes, but now it just feels even more unsafe? Just me? Also, can anyone tell me how plus on block snag is? It's supposed to be plus but I get poked out of any type of useful pressure attempt almost 99% of the time now.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Does it feel like snag has more recovery on activation now post patch? I mean I thought it was unsafe yes, but now it just feels even more unsafe? Just me? Also, can anyone tell me how plus on block snag is? It's supposed to be plus but I get poked out of any type of useful pressure attempt almost 99% of the time now.
regular trap is not plus on block, ex trap is, try doing d1 or d3 after it.

also i need hunters biggest corner bnbs

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
also i need hunters biggest corner bnbs
I second this, I don't know what the fuck do i do after i put my opponent in the corner to get some crispy damage into setup. I wind up carrying them back to midscreen wherein my comfort zone, which is fucking retardid.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
i figured this one out on my own. B311~ ex scimitar slam, njp, ex disc, run forward 4~close trap, 321+3, disc, 4~scimitar slam. 51%
Sounds so swaggy, the 321+3 after ex disks into close trap is very smart i never even knew that it's possible. I will probably let go of some of that damage and end with forward 4 instead of the slam for a trap setup.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Sounds so swaggy, the 321+3 after ex disks into close trap is very smart i never even knew that it's possible. I will probably let go of some of that damage and end with forward 4 instead of the slam for a trap setup.
your better off ending with a 4~ close trap than a f4. btw you could also do it off a 2nd njp. another neat trick is that u can do a detonation setup by stepping backwards in your combo and doing 4~mid trap. 122~ex detonate RC 122 is a true block string if your close enough.