What's new

General/Other - Hunter Predator Hunter Discussion Thread

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Has anyone else noticed that some of the frame data is wrong? B3d2 is -14 on block but it says 0......

Edit: also, how are you guys playing the neutral? I find myself doing d4 a lot but when I use his 32, and b22d2 strings idk what to follow up from there? He just seems a little less safe in the footsie department bc of how slow some of the start up is on his moves.
b22d2 : you don't its not cancel-able, that's a ranged move for zoners mu and soft mixup that's safe. his 32 can be canceled into close Trap for full combo punish 30% -48% or have safe stealth/heal.

his movement is nice though. and you always have his (+1) D1 swipe that's close up, and his D4 with the longest range D4 in game, which can poke em into snag or trap.

as for that B3D2 of preds, i tested it in my software for sprites and video freeze frames, from point A-B that move is exactly (-10) and it does say (0) on block

Wetdoba

All too easy...
@Wetdoba The vid got cut out a bit But i start with a standing 4, credit is not mine on this combo, im just sharing.

Nice, looks like the same general set up. I noticed he didn't do a NJP either too, I've been doing that to have it not scale either. However I'm thinking that if it's at the very end then it might be worth it. Any luck sneaking a NJP at the end after the D2 into the smart disc? I'm thinking if the uppercut can get them to max height before the disc hits them it might give enough time to NJP, 32 1+3

Noob
Nice, looks like the same general set up. I noticed he didn't do a NJP either too, I've been doing that to have it not scale either. However I'm thinking that if it's at the very end then it might be worth it. Any luck sneaking a NJP at the end after the D2 into the smart disc? I'm thinking if the uppercut can get them to max height before the disc hits them it might give enough time to NJP, 32 1+3
Thats actually me doing the combo i couldnt find the original vid XD.

Hmmm sorta, but even with some of the best heights on the disc right after the NJP he drops to low for the grab on 23 to hit, and its losing dmg%, im looking for a diferent setup overall to fit it in there but everyone one of them is scaling the combo to much to be worth it... ill keep trying see if i can figure out something...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Thats actually me doing the combo i couldnt find the original vid XD.

Hmmm sorta, but even with some of the best heights on the disc right after the NJP he drops to low for the grab on 23 to hit, and its losing dmg%, im looking for a diferent setup overall to fit it in there but everyone one of them is scaling the combo to much to be worth it... ill keep trying see if i can figure out something...
Oh whoops. Well it looks like they are already at 55% when we uppercut them into the disc, it might be more worth it to just do a NJK or F4 instead of another 32 1+3 and just set down a safe mine for oki at that point?

Noob
Oh whoops. Well it looks like they are already at 55% when we uppercut them into the disc, it might be more worth it to just do a NJK or F4 instead of another 32 1+3 and just set down a safe mine for oki at that point?
hmmm i dont go for the 60% online at all, the lag just doesnt allow for such a small timing window to work, but i see no point in going for pure dmg unless you can kill or put him very close to losing, the NJK sets up more heal and more dmg quite easily... i would actually be surprised if this wont get ajusted in a patch somewhere either SS or the trap mine will probably be touched a bit...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
hmmm i dont go for the 60% online at all, the lag just doesnt allow for such a small timing window to work, but i see no point in going for pure dmg unless you can kill or put him very close to losing, the NJK sets up more heal and more dmg quite easily... i would actually be surprised if this wont get ajusted in a patch somewhere either SS or the trap mine will probably be touched a bit...
Oh I haven't even bothered with him online yet I know I won't be pulling of any of the shit in the lab I've been doing. I'm full lab monster mode in Hunter for now

ando1184

Noob
b22d2 : you don't its not cancel-able, that's a ranged move for zoners mu and soft mixup that's safe. his 32 can be canceled into close Trap for full combo punish 30% -48% or have safe stealth/heal.

his movement is nice though. and you always have his (+1) D1 swipe that's close up, and his D4 with the longest range D4 in game, which can poke em into snag or trap.

as for that B3D2 of preds, i tested it in my software for sprites and video freeze frames, from point A-B that move is exactly (-10) and it does say (0) on block
I'm sorry I'm a little confused at the first part of this post, are you saying to never do b22d2? Also, I've noticed that the d2 part of that string can be armored in between :(. When doing 32 mine, did you mean you get punished or the opponent? That seems really unsafe for a setup. The reason I said -14 for b3d2 is because when I tested it in training mode I could punish with SZ f4 or standing 4 ( I forget which exactly) but when I tried to test with his 15f move it always got blocked.....?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
LOL gotta get those 1% bro, i cannot live without my 1%s its all about that optimization LOLOL
So that combos does 40% with just a neutral jump.

I was thinking of on their wake ups having it so that you neutral jump punch while the trap goes off. The trap goes off first, and then the neutral jump quickly right after. it's a bitch to block, and stuff their wake ups .

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Well its looking like his traps in the corner are very blockable. Some people are blocking it pretty well. Others arent obviously. Maybe im mistiming it, but still.
Does it still need to be fucked with or nah?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Well its looking like his traps in the corner are very blockable. Some people are blocking it pretty well. Others arent obviously. Maybe im mistiming it, but still.
Does it still need to be fucked with or nah?
They are. But I feel like it can be harder depending on how you time it. Like if you do 212, jb3, smart disk,ji3 then air trap depending on the height in which you do it, and then neutral jump punch after the timing get closer and either the njp or the trap hits first

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
They are. But I feel like it can be harder depending on how you time it. Like if you do 212, jb3, smart disk,ji3 then air trap depending on the height in which you do it, and then neutral jump punch after the timing get closer and either the njp or the trap hits first
Well as long as itd blockable, unlike Marvel for near impossible or unblockables all together. (bad game to use, but that's my first love)
Quan Chi has it and its a vortex. At least you can wake up out of it. Lol

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Well as long as itd blockable, unlike Marvel for near impossible or unblockables all together. (bad game to use, but that's my first love)
Quan Chi has it and its a vortex. At least you can wake up out of it. Lol
I feel like depending on how you time it you can make it near impossible to block. But I don't know.
You don't even have to neutral jump, if you time it right you can jump in on them, and do a corner carry combo, and if they block both, throw them back into the corner or use your low starter to mix them up

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I have a question. How blockable is this setup I tried to make.

shoutout to @qs_frenzy for the original combo idea

or did it hit at the same time?

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

B3,D2 is -19 on block.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I wasnt sure where to aak this question but hopefully someone here knows, whats the actual block advantage of an almost instant air smart disc?

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
ok so if this character did get nerfed what do yall think will be nerfed ? just asking I plan on sticking with this character just want to know what other players think.