What's new

General/Other - Hunter Predator Hunter Discussion Thread

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Dammit. I didnt check to see if them running across it actually grabs them or not.

Im a bit mad the blades go away on block
@Zoidberg747, Warrior's wakeups are a bit better, but yeah, definitely not as good as the top tiers. If his EX BF1 was faster, it might be broken. Good it's not though, otherwise he would definitely be nerfed in time.

@ESG Jagged, I agree, as it sucks to learn something, but then need to change because of a nerf. Hopefully, he won't be, as certain moves of his do feel fair. However, like many prepatched characters, his damage is a bit higher than the norm, so it might eventually be minimized. If that's all that's tweaked though, thankfully, that won't change the way he plays. It'll just make him more fair.
i dont mind the damage going down just , i dont want people messing with the movelist. as for the corner game, half the cast can do this so im not sure whats so special. mileena and kung jin have a double kick that stuffs armor.. liu kangs f44 stufs armor... and many other examples with other characters raiden mos can do the same.

so predator is cool unique but not special in the corner game, #PredatorNoNerf

i could live with them saying they changed the scaling to scale the way it was intended(nerf damage scaling) but hope they dont do it on 122 or bf4

ando1184

Noob
Has anyone else noticed that some of the frame data is wrong? B3d2 is -14 on block but it says 0......

Edit: also, how are you guys playing the neutral? I find myself doing d4 a lot but when I use his 32, and b22d2 strings idk what to follow up from there? He just seems a little less safe in the footsie department bc of how slow some of the start up is on his moves.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Has anyone else noticed that some of the frame data is wrong? B3d2 is -14 on block but it says 0......

Edit: also, how are you guys playing the neutral? I find myself doing d4 a lot but when I use his 32, and b22d2 strings idk what to follow up from there? He just seems a little less safe in the footsie department bc of how slow some of the start up is on his moves.
The warrior Pred's overhead smash attack might have some missing negative signs in it. There are only two versions that say positive on block but Cassie can punish it with EX flip no problem unless spaced correctly. I don't know how NRS does their frame data but it's always wrong . . . :confused:.

In the neutral I'll stick out d4 or b22 if they're far. Maybe use the f2 string. In close I've been mashing d1. If it really is +1 on block its pretty damn good. I like to keep a disc out. Only use the traps during some pressure or counter pokes so my opponent doesn't just see me set traps.

I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread or one of the other 3 but I really like ex cloak when I'm down to like my last 1/4th or lower. Taking no chip is pretty nice against the mostly offensive cast and if I happen to lose the neutral game and give up advantage i'm still cloaked and receive no damage unless they hit. If i reverse the tables it's pretty hard to react to anything i'm doing. You'd have to KNOW Predator to do that and even then it still difficult.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
i dont mind the damage going down just , i dont want people messing with the movelist. as for the corner game, half the cast can do this so im not sure whats so special. mileena and kung jin have a double kick that stuffs armor.. liu kangs f44 stufs armor... and many other examples with other characters raiden mos can do the same.

so predator is cool unique but not special in the corner game, #PredatorNoNerf

i could live with them saying they changed the scaling to scale the way it was intended(nerf damage scaling) but hope they dont do it on 122 or bf4
I really think that NRS might be doing this on purpose. They know his damage output. They know he can mix traps with air discs to allow combos continue. They know you can heal during ex traps. I find it plausible that they have motivation to release DLC characters OP so everyone who doesn't purchase them can get beat and jealous and end up buying him. After their main purchase window is closed and his reputation is acquired, they nerf them to maintain a balance in tournaments. I know Jason wasn't quite like this, but when he was first presented, he at least looked like he would be OP from a sales point of view (unlimited armor, reversed inputs, 742 juggling normals, dmg increase).

ando1184

Noob
The thing is, I believe this might be his weakest variation :( he only has 1 armored move that's full combo punishable. His base movent and normals are naturally slow and punishable, everything has to be set up properly, he can't mindlessly special cancel into disc or mine because they go away on hit/block. Mines aren't OP nor that intimidating because of his slow normals, so 50/50 scenarios aren't as good as the vast majority if the cast. If this variation gets nerfed then it's a sad day for predator I think. From my stand point he's not OP in this variation and from what I can tell requires work to win with.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I found a decent trap setup. Do 212, njp, b22 far trap throw. The trap will be just behind them preventing most escapes, I think, and force your opponent to advance. From there mount your offensive accordingly while trying to throw your opponent onto the trap if you can.

If you use EX far trap it'll even catch tech rolls. Regular will not however

Edit: 212 is unsafe on block so best used as a punish string if even that.

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
The thing is, I believe this might be his weakest variation :( he only has 1 armored move that's full combo punishable. His base movent and normals are naturally slow and punishable, everything has to be set up properly, he can't mindlessly special cancel into disc or mine because they go away on hit/block. Mines aren't OP nor that intimidating because of his slow normals, so 50/50 scenarios aren't as good as the vast majority if the cast. If this variation gets nerfed then it's a sad day for predator I think. From my stand point he's not OP in this variation and from what I can tell requires work to win with.
Unfortunately ONE setup ruined it for this character :/ Funny thing is...its just the TRAPS. The whole part of the HUNTER class..traps...
Lol -_-

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Has anyone found a way to get offensive traps placed on the screen? And by this I mean preferably behind your opponent and not in front of them. I've found most traps placed in front of your opponent can get answered with zoning/turtling which will either waste the traps time limit or result in a hit nulifying the trap.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Just found some serious tech for Hunter let's just say they have to respect your trap on wake up and they can't armor threw it on wake up works great mid screen got to test in the corner

Noob
Dunno if this is worth for you Predator mains since it spends 2 bars, but ill leave it here anyway.

Safe Heal 43% combo : your favorite Bnb starter into EX SS, njp ,fj3 SDisk, EX far trap, heal, fdash B22, SS

Probably not worth the 2 bars since you can safe heal out of bnb into EX low trap for a bit less dmg but less bar usage, but there it is...

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
Universal Combo

B3, 1, 1 + BF4 xx ~ NJ2 ~ JI3 + BF2 ~ RK ~ B3, 1, 1 + BF4 (41% 1 bar)

Also did not see anyone talk about Tom Brady's video so I'll put it here so that the potential "unblockable" could get some atention.

You can also drop the trap mid combo when in the air so that you have another "safe" option, but that would mean you'd have to sacrifice potencial damage for mix / set ups.

Did not see Brady's vid in here; if it got posted; then my bad D:

Heat MMXIII

Senor lao main
Idk if this has been covered but can anyone do the xray brutality consistently and if so how cus it seems lile holding down during the entire xray doesnt cut it

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So i have a recording on my Xbox files, but idk who to upload do here we go anyways.
So i dropped a combo (b311xxMine) against Subzero and he threw his random Xray out.. The Xray hit me. But the damn disc snatched him out