What's new

General/Other - Hunter Predator Hunter Discussion Thread

Ravosa

Wild Card
Pretty sure there's some unblockable or at the very least extremely small block windows with the trap in the corner combined with overhead strings. So far this variation feels the strongest.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I read someone's post that predator doesn't build good meter. I waned to say that's not true. His zoning is really strong, air traps combined with saw toss,or whatever the moves name is, are solid meter building. plus you have trap detonation.
Dont forget that once players begin respecting trap when you toss it on mixup, you can go for the throw and they get caught in trap whether they tech it or not.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Medic has about a 5 sec limit to use if anyones wondering.
That 90 frame recovery is serious though

edit: Get them with the trap, and you have enough time to heal yourself, and land a njp if you are close enough

edit again: you can heal mid combo

protools27

Rebel without a scene
He looks very good, but is not pre patch Tanya. There are far better characters than predator in this game...
Because we know his tier placement in relation to the rest of the cast after he's been out less then a day... Ok

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
When do you guys find the best time to setup the traps? Like after what combos?
I haven't fully fleshed out everything but if i want to trap at the end of a combo it's after ji4xxDisc run 32xxSnag. Idk if that's the best normal to cancel into Snag but i'll get a feel for all of those once people start tech rolling and overall learning how to deal with Predator.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
I was thinking so wouldn't that be the best thing to do to fuck people up in the corner?
its something that will be patched, just like quan chi
When do you guys find the best time to setup the traps? Like after what combos?
I just zone with him. tossing traps from the air. As far as strings go, I just cancel into ex trap on whichever ones have those properties. But like people said, its been less than a day. There is way more to learn.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
His wakeups suck in all the variations IMO.

That makes this variation balance out at least. Some of this stuff is looking a little ridiculous but we'll have to wait and see.
Hopefully he wont be nerfed down too much.
If that happenes i always have good ole Cassie :)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Maybe we should try and think of this as an anti zoning thing. Considering he has good universal up close tools we can use the far snag to cut off retreating or back dashing. It forces them to advance where we can now meet them with our own tools and probably big damage combos. Just theory crafting.

Reauxbot

Dammit. I didnt check to see if them running across it actually grabs them or not.
Yea its a trap, but they do sit on it for a minute before it actually goes off. Even mid blockstring.
Hopefully that would be good anti zoning.
Im a bit mad the blades go away on block

omooba

fear the moobs
anyone trying to get some games in tonight? i'd love to fight a good predator. psn D0PR1NC3

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
He's amazing. I love it, especially this variation. But he'll probably get nerfed.
i hope he don't get nerfed, basically on Kombat Kast they where talking about everything they did before release, his trap goes away on hit, disks go away on block(like sub zero). they added some recovery to his snag set, before he can start another string, basically u can do some cool shit as long as you pay for it with meter....

he is very well balanced already, IMO, i knew i was gonna main Hunter before he came out, but Hish-Qu-Ten has just as many possibilities if not more. and warrior has its own perks.

the only thing i see that truly needs to be nerfed is the D3/4 into special... Erron's was worse because the grab move, but regardless, predator has enough tools to mix up into full combo punish.

and that D4 into full combo is kinda cheap

Dammit. I didnt check to see if them running across it actually grabs them or not.

Im a bit mad the blades go away on block
1. you can run through it with cassie so far, that i know of...

2. im glad it does, maybe he wont get nerfed. it seems like they pre nerfed him before hand and had a few people use him to make shure he wasnt Tanya status.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
@Zoidberg747, Warrior's wakeups are a bit better, but yeah, definitely not as good as the top tiers. If his EX BF1 was faster, it might be broken. Good it's not though, otherwise he would definitely be nerfed in time.

@ESG Jagged, I agree, as it sucks to learn something, but then need to change because of a nerf. Hopefully, he won't be, as certain moves of his do feel fair. However, like many prepatched characters, his damage is a bit higher than the norm, so it might eventually be minimized. If that's all that's tweaked though, thankfully, that won't change the way he plays. It'll just make him more fair.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
i hope he don't get nerfed, basically on Kombat Kast they where talking about everything they did before release, his trap goes away on hit, disks go away on block(like sub zero). they added some recovery to his snag set, before he can start another string, basically u can do some cool shit as long as you pay for it with meter....

he is very well balanced already, IMO, i knew i was gonna main Hunter before he came out, but Hish-Qu-Ten has just as many possibilities if not more. and warrior has its own perks.

the only thing i see that truly needs to be nerfed is the D3/4 into special... Erron's was worse because the grab move, but regardless, predator has enough tools to mix up into full combo punish.

and that D4 into full combo is kinda cheap

1. you can run through it with cassie so far, that i know of...

2. im glad it does, maybe he wont get nerfed. it seems like they pre nerfed him before hand and had a few people use him to make shure he wasnt Tanya status.
He's getting patched regardless, his damage is way to high and the corner traps are ridiculous

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yeah at the very least they'll patch the damage scaling, I feel combos ending in that bf4 add a shit ton of damage. The traps are pretty ridiculous but I'm no pro so I don't know if the tech @Tom Brady found is broke or just really difficult to play around. Regardless been waiting for this character since release of MKX, when he mimics Kitana, Johnny Cage's, or Jacqui's laugh it's hilarious

Reauxbot

@Zoidberg747, Warrior's wakeups are a bit better, but yeah, definitely not as good as the top tiers. If his EX BF1 was faster, it might be broken. Good it's not though, otherwise he would definitely be nerfed in time.

@ESG Jagged, I agree, as it sucks to learn something, but then need to change because of a nerf. Hopefully, he won't be, as certain moves of his do feel fair. However, like many prepatched characters, his damage is a bit higher than the norm, so it might eventually be minimized. If that's all that's tweaked though, thankfully, that won't change the way he plays. It'll just make him more fair.
You know for a fact that they cant just change one thing about a character without something else going wrong