What's new

General/Other - Hunter Predator Hunter Discussion Thread

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
don't know if anybody pulled this off yet, but i found a cyrax like chipstring trap setup, Replace my B2 with 32(and don't do the disk throw)and you will have an overhead that hits them right when the Trap(low) hits:

this will lock them up so they cant get away from the trap setup and its meterless 28%
not revolutionary but i thought it was cool:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
That's an interesting way of using it, makes sense too. You can even just do your low string or whatever too. Does she not roll under your njp? I'm getting that with subzeros slide. Armors through trap, njp whiffs and he goes sliding across the screen. I do like this though, prevents armored wakeups.

Also something funny I noticed 212 combos into ex trap, I was doing your setup and was like, do I need to set him to block? Then I see the combo number is still going.

EDIT:

So yeah after blocked b22 ex trap you get a guaranteed string which is f12 which can be canceled into bf4 for a full combo or you can extend it further into a safe ender or a gimmicky overhead with a huge gap. It was his fastest string that I could get to work without getting beat by armor slide. So obviously if they're lacking meter or aren't all that good you could get away with much more since you're so + on block. d4 ex trap d4 trap for gimmicky frame trap setups for example. Same with b22. Blocked ex trap into run grab, run low, blah blah. All depends on where your string/normal leaves you when you use it as to how far you can abuse this.

I tried seeing if you could option select his d4 to only cancel into trap on hit but I don't think it works, I don't know of any d4 option selects anyways but I figured I'd try. Because on hit the d4 xx traps are safe. I'll fuck with this more later, I think it's good and I know for sure I'l get away with it online. Game crashes on PC every 20 mins with new patch so it's kind of a pain to keep getting back on.
I tried b22 ex trap against Reptiles slide. Beat clean. However f12 had reptile take damage in armor

E

Eldriken

I haven't started playing him yet. I'm curious to see what the deal with his d4 is.

dont know if this was discovered already but you can actually throw your opponent into a mb far trap after a positive block string for a combo. the traps last a looong time if you can get a throw into a trap for a combo lol

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Hmmm. When a low trap is out there should be a blade along with it. If they get hit by either you have quite an amount of time to get some good damage out

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
Interesting midscreen setup I used, b311 db4 mid, then d4 to poke them onto the trap

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So I figured out that you can get a free heal if you catch them in ex trap without giving up any damage.
That's pretty good. I figured he had a lot of time when I was playing a friend and got him in to a trap and ran past him by accident and still hit him for a full combo.

MadeOfMetal

Some tricky low-overhead setups i've found)
*predator laugh EEHEHEHHE*
Dear god the damage and potential this variation has is terrifying. O_O
stop talking like that, he gonna get nerfed, this variation is cool. i don't think its that op... it has cyrax like abilities, but has meter to spend to keep pressure. there is even gaps between string into low trap, and if you want it linked instant it cost a bar. basically half of cyrax in a predator way, i say cyrax cuz the setup capabilities. but he has to pay meter to do half of what cyrax did. he can't continuously chip string you. asfter each string he is forced to block because opponent after blocking one string can retaliate.

i think he is close to top tier and pretty balanced.... and honestly we need much more time before crying for nerfs, honestly this community makes me sick. get some MU experiance before calling for nerf...

MadeOfMetal

Dear god the damage and potential this variation has is terrifying. O_O
and btw that setup is not terrifying there is plenty of time to stuf it before it Don't attack the predator the first day he is out!

he has to spend meter to make that setup instant... it cost to setup up. and from what i see yuou have to put your self at risk to pull off unmetered setups... lets let it roll for a few weeks and hopfully a few tournies before asking for nerfs..

if you arnt asking for nerf on day one... then my apologies im just scared that the community is attacking a character on day of release. asking for nerfs.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
so to help out and give people a idea with his down 4 if you press fast enough you can do a meter burned trap and hit a combo free 30% with a poke that hits far and also odds are the down 4 hits a lot because of the speed and the distance it hits hopefully this adds extra to peoples games because it helped me out when getting pressured and knowing the gap you get a full combo off a low so good luck.

MadeOfMetal

there is a gap between throwing trap and 32 string but other than that if you put the pressure on you could probably pull it off in certain situations:

MadeOfMetal

Pretty cool combo and reset I came up with..
69% total

its pretty cool but you can WU out of it... anyways props to that corner pressure, it looks sick, i had a slightly different one starting from half way between mid and corner. yeah anyways unless you spend the bar for the trap they can get out.

MadeOfMetal

I haven't started playing him yet. I'm curious to see what the deal with his d4 is.
that i agree may be nerfed, its kind of like errons sand trap from D3 but predator has more range. but i would like to see it at action first

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Personally this is for me I dont know if anyone posted this yet. In the corner I like the end the combo in a trap, and on their wake up coming in with a neutral jump punch. It would blow up most wake ups, and I usually have to time right.

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
Here is what I have found so far. It is probably useless and garbage but I just sat in practice and tried to find combs.

Snag (far), d2, nj2,d2 [meterless] 29%
Snag, 32, NJ2,32 bf4 [meterless] 32%
Snag, 32, NJ2,32 bf4EX, d2 [1 bar] 39%

I have a theoretical combo that I can not get to work after hours of effort. I should work but I suck:
Snag, 32, NJ2,32 bf4EX, 32 bf4 or Grab

Main reason I posed these are because I am sure they are incomplete so people will know how to finish or improve them...or flat-out tell me they are useless and what combos I should be learning. Then again, I still need to learn neutral game and punishes. I literally just for off my stream and will be streaming again on PS4 in about 2 hours after reading feedback here and getting food.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Personally this is for me I dont know if anyone posted this yet. In the corner I like the end the combo in a trap, and on their wake up coming in with a neutral jump punch. It would blow up most wake ups, and I usually have to time right.
Yeah its an unblockable if you time it right. Doesnt matter if they tech roll in the corner.