What's new

General/Other - Hunter Predator Hunter Discussion Thread

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
If this is the traps one, it's the one I'll be playing. Anyone got any more information?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hunter is the one that has traps right ? His brutality is the best one in the game yet... Skining his oponent alive
Yes has the traps that hang you. Might be a better ice clone in terms of application.

EDIT: This is a link to my Predator lab ideas. I'm on PC so I don't know when I'll be able to try him out. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tFk4cKWCV83j6a9Xx7do0qSl-XQV1enl5LGIsRJ850w/edit?usp=sharing

@Gooch Peencher Is already helping me with some stuff.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@Gegz do you by any chance have any tech with hunter down, this was my preferred variation due to the setups, i was a hardcore cyrax player in mk9, it would be nice to know what im getting into before hand?

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Yeah I can totally see some sick tech with the traps, ending block strings in the trap and what not, obviously I'm not the first to say this but the similarities to Sub's clone in terms of application are apparent, besides the not taking a projectile for you. His cloaking is legit too!

Gegz

It's all in the game yo'

Hunter variation :

(Corner) B311, EX Scimitar, NJP, Back Jump 2, Air Smart Disc, 122 and then you can cancel the 2 with a disk or with a trap. (37%, 1 Bar)

You can also change 112 for something else like 32, 1+3 or something cancelled by Scimitar for 40% +/- but you'll lose the okizeme (32,1+3 is something like adv+9 on hit, not enough for setting up a trap)

Last edited:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i found a tech similar to gm sub zero
in the corner when you set the close trap grab the opponent and the trap will be activated. worked several times
he also has good mix ups and 50/50
here are 2

b22 d2 for safe hard ko
or
b22 into ex db4 b for a combo

same can be done with 122

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
So dumb question but is Pred available on PS4 in the U.S.? I'm assuming it's 3-5pm today but just checking, ps4 is packed up and don't wanna unpack unless he's released haha

nodq

wicked

just found this, seem like a LOT of damage, you can probably get more
overhead starter

This works with the traps too, you just use EX trap instead of ex bf4. Less damage, but trap is a low hit. And with ex trap it combos, non ex trap doesnt combo, its just to setup after a hkd for example.

you can really do some crazy stuff witht his, even on mid screen.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

Hunter variation :

(Corner) B311, EX Scimitar, NJP, Back Jump 2, Air Smart Disc, 122 and then you can cancel the 2 with a disk or with a trap. (37%, 1 Bar)

You can also change 112 for something else like 32, 1+3 or something cancelled by Scimitar for 40% +/- but you'll lose the okizeme (32,1+3 is something like adv+9 on hit, not enough for setting up a trap)
ty for posting it, im still waiting on Pred..... agh

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You can pressure by ending strings with EX low trap and there's a gap but predator can block everything and the trap catches them. It can't be backdashed because it catches them and if they block it you're +13. OH MY GOD YESS.

And he has an un interruptable low overhead low string oh my god mmmmmm

this character

help me

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
You can pressure by ending strings with EX low trap and there's a gap but predator can block everything and the trap catches them. It can't be backdashed because it catches them and if they block it you're +13. OH MY GOD YESS.

this character

help me
which one is the low OH low string?

this character

help me
punished by sub zero slide, reptile slide, probably more
still good tho