What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Changes 10/4/16

• Predator - Down+FP is now -4 on block (up from -6) and had a hit region adjustment
  • Predator - Scimitar Slam no longer automatically bounces the opponent for a combo
  • Predator - Scimitar Stab & Scimitar Slam can now be enhanced to juggle the opponent
  • Predator (Warrior) - Dread Launch now has 11 startup frames (down from 13) and is +6 on block (up from -14)
  • Predator (Warrior) - Dread Launch now has 2 hits of armor and no longer allows for a followup afterwards
  • Predator (Warrior) - Away+FK, Down+BP does 4 more damage
  • Predator (Warrior) - Destruct Sequence now activates and recovers 5 frames faster
  • Predator (Warrior) - Self-Destruct now activates 5 frames faster and recovers 12 frames faster
  • Predator (Hunter) - Trap & Snag will now properly damage scale when done twice in the same combo
  • Predator (Hunter) - removed 19 recovery frames from Medi-Kit & Quick Healing
  • Predator (Hish-Qu-Ten) -
HQT mains we made it!!! No nerfs other than the overall armor changes to the game.

@Destroy_Scvm
@jokey77
@RM NoBrows
@ All other HQT mains

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I think that there might be quite a few indirect buffs. Pressure in general has been toned down. This should help Predator a lot. Besides waking-up has become more difficult. Pred did never lack much regarding his oki game. This change should help him a lot too.

I'd love to know the plasma cancel advantage on d1, this is what I will look into today!

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
say goodbye to shit like this: no more cool PRed Combos :(

or this one

or this one:

Or this :( one of my favortie you tube friends, he gonna be so mad about this change and i bet he hasnt herd yet usually busy.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Combos intact just cost more armor, Warrior lost BF1 Launch yeah that sucks but on plus side its +6 on block, and it jails in corner Hell yah Boi!
Hunter is still great, and HQT looks alot better:)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
With no projectile and worst walk speed in the game, now with all the zoning buffs how the hell Warrior can play this game? Warrior vs Kitana or Pyro feels like 2-8 matchups now

Skedar70

Noob
With no projectile and worst walk speed in the game, now with all the zoning buffs how the hell Warrior can play this game? Warrior vs Kitana or Pyro feels like 2-8 matchups now
Isn't disc a projectile?? Dread launch is now safe and plus on block which means he can stay in your face for a longer time. Plus you can activate self destruct and it is faster. You guys might be underestimating the warrior buffs.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Isn't disc a projectile?? Dread launch is now safe and plus on block which means he can stay in your face for a longer time. Plus you can activate self destruct and it is faster. You guys might be underestimating the warrior buffs.
Disc disappear if Predator blocks or get hits by anything. It can't be used for counter zoning at all

Skedar70

Noob
Disc disappear if Predator blocks or get hits by anything. It can't be used for counter zoning at all
Why not? you can throw it in the air and jump or duck under other projectiles. Your opponent will have to block because it tracks and on hit its a full combo. Then you can get in when they start blocking. You wont use it to zone you will use it to prevent your opponent from zoning

Why not? you can throw it in the air and jump or duck under other projectiles. Your opponent will have to block because it tracks and on hit its a full combo. Then you can get in when they start blocking. You wont use it to zone you will use it to prevent your opponent from zoning

Way too slow startup and recovery for that.

I think they could have given HQT Predator a little something in return for the nerf to his Scimitar Slam. He was nowhere near top tier in his previous iteration, so ...

Glad they gave his non-metered scimitar a way to bounce the opponent. My biggest gripe with nerf to ex scimitar was actually losing a lot of damage potential in combos, but that aspect vanishes now.

Still, yeah ... if you're going to substantially decrease the reward from his slow-ass armored move, at least give him something else to compensate. Slightly better frames on 32 or 21 for instance. There's no reason to just nerf him.