What's new

Tech - Predator Predator Anti-Wakeup stuff via Smart Disc

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
If your opponent is feeling a lil frisky and wants to wake-up on you because they are in the corner (because Predator's corner carry is dope), teach them how to stop being frisky with these tricks.

50/50

That's right, if you time it correctly, the opponent has to guess overhead or low even if they block.

Overhead combo (32) is -2 on block so it's safe, low if you end with b31 and not b311 is -8 on block so it is moderately safe

Both of these are combo-able

A cool thing about these is b3 looks much like 3 because the knees raise the exact same way

Other things you can do midscreen is 122~smart disc...then time Scimitar Stab or a low plasma shot in Hish-Qu-Ten.

You're welcome

*UPDATE* - Torr actually doesn't give a shit about this, his Lackey mb charge eats every hit

Tech roll+armored wake up blows this up but you have enough time to watch for it

Last edited by a moderator:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
If your opponent is feeling a lil frisky and wants to wake-up on you because they are in the corner (because Predator's corner carry is dope), teach them how to stop being frisky with these tricks.

50/50

That's right, if you time it correctly, the opponent has to guess overhead or low even if they block.

Overhead combo (32) is -2 on block so it's safe, low if you end with b31 and not b311 is -8 on block so it is moderately safe

Both of these are combo-able

A cool thing about these is b3 looks much like 3 because the knees raise the exact same way

Other things you can do midscreen is 122~smart disc...then time Scimitar Stab or a low plasma shot in Hish-Qu-Ten.

You're welcome
If you block confirm the low string into plasma shot, I believe it makes you safe. I tested it with KL's spin and Jax's dash punch and blocked it every time.

MadeFromMetal

So if you EX bf4, njp, jik, 122~bf2 gives 31% in the corner with the set up. Add the starters and you're looking at mid to high 30's for each rep. I'm trying to find a decent meterless combo that can be repeated like that one.

Edit: Tech Roll plus armored wake up blows right through this.

Last edited:

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
So basically Goro and Ferra/Torr have the niche of being able to escape Predator pressure with meter? Chin up Goro mains!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So if you EX bf4, njp, jik, 122~bf2 gives 31% in the corner with the set up. Add the starters and you're looking at mid to high 30's for each rep. I'm trying to find a decent meterless combo that can be repeated like that one.

Edit: Tech Roll plus armored wake up blows right through this.
There's enough time to watch for a tech roll...If they roll just block and punish the wake up?

MadeFromMetal

There's enough time to watch for a tech roll...If they roll just block and punish the wake up?
Oh definitely. If they catch on and try to tech roll and throw they'll get hit by the smart disc. This is still viable, just not as impenetrable as I thought at first.