What's new

General/Other - Unstoppable [Pre-XL] Unstoppable buff idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unstoppable's theme in this game seems to be low damage but hard to kill. He gets these through his healing move and his resurrection.

What do you guys think if in the next patch they go further with this idea and add "while Jason has the rise, or corpse walk buff (the healing buff) he cannot be brought below 1% health.

This wouldn't be abusable because the move only lasts 6.5 real seconds and you cannot keep calling it out. It has to run out first before you call another one out, and the startup for the move is 46 frames so Jason can't just call that out in naked space.

If this were implemented Unstoppable Jason would be harder to kill and live up to his Unstoppable name a little more.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Definitely a cool idea that would perfectly fit the theme of the variation. It's also something I could see NRS actually implementing.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Yes, he needs killing machine for sure. Longer duration on punishment is also a must. Can't wait till next patch.
Same. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, because I really thought they would buff the shit out of Unstoppable last time.

Why not give Jason a passive buff like in Relentless and make him immune to being killed by chip damage, at least post-Resurrection?

Even further, let's give him stackable passive buffs for each bar he spends on a Resurrection.
One bar: Chip damage will never make his health go below 1%.
Two: Permanent Punishment for the rest of the round. (Perhaps Rampage cannot be activated during this time?)
Three: Super Meter regenerates at a slow pace, (half a bar every 6.5 seconds,) and only three bars are replenished in total.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Why not give Jason a passive buff like in Relentless and make him immune to being killed by chip damage, at least post-Resurrection?

Even further, let's give him passive buffs for each bar he spends on a Resurrection.
Two: Permanent Punishment for the rest of the round. (Perhaps Rampage cannot be activated during this time?)
Three: Super Meter regenerates at a slow pace, (half a bar every 6.5 seconds,) and only three bars are replenished in total.
Yes to all of this. All the passive buffs from meter usage should stack as well.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I think they need to remove some of scaling on Jasons strings.

I like Jeremiah's idea, but I believe if they just give him damage he'd be a solid mid tier. The problem with Jason is it simply takes TOO MANY HITS to win and he needs an already hard to get out damage buff just to do meterless damage that stays on par with the rest of the cast

E

Eldriken

I like Jeremiah's idea, but I believe if they just give him damage he'd be a solid mid tier. The problem with Jason is it simply takes TOO MANY HITS to win and he needs an already hard to get out damage buff just to do meterless damage that stays on par with the rest of the cast
The scaling on b122 is completely stupid. I don't understand why it scales like that.

In my opinion, Relentless should be the variation that hits hard, and Unstoppable the variation that is hard to kill. It'd do better for Jason's overall place in the game if he had a variation geared for dealing damage and another for enduring damage.

So, buff the damage of Relentless and buff the healing/defense of Unstoppable.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
In my opinion, Relentless should be the variation that hits hard, and Unstoppable the variation that is hard to kill. It'd do better for Jason's overall place in the game if he had a variation geared for dealing damage and another for enduring damage.

So, buff the damage of Relentless and buff the healing/defense of Unstoppable.

The relentless passive buff is going to stay regardless. So with less damage scaling, relentless would always do more damage regardless (assuming you don't flawless anyone) seeing as you have to sacrifice damage (as unstoppable) to apply the buffs.

E

Eldriken

They need to revert the changes to Damned if they're not gonna make any substantial changes to Jason. Then just give Unstoppable the Damned passive as well and let us rock.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Give him passive buff like relentless has but make it work like kotals obsidian totem. Takes less dmg the as he loses health or same thing but he takes less dmg as the timer goes on :) Too much maybe?

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it

Even further, let's give him stackable passive buffs for each bar he spends on a Resurrection.

One, Two & Three Bars should give him the same health which is 25%, but each bar gives him special treats like the one you listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.