What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees [Pre-XL Release] Does Leatherface mean the death of Jason?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I have a feeling now that Leatherface is coming out, the sadly low tier Jason Voorhees will be forgotten. I am almost positive Leatherface will not be low tier, and at least be mid if not high. So I am just wondering if the few Jason mains that exist will be dropping him once LF drops. Jason is my pocket character, and I think I might be saying goodbye to him once Leather arrives, but I will still choose him for fun because Jason is hella fun to play. I really wanna know if any of you guys are going to replace JV with LF, or are you going to stick with Jason?

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Naw Jason is so easy I could not play him for a month and still play him fairly well. He'll continue to be my co-main and possibly still my main if he gets buffed or leatherface is no fun (little chance he'll be no fun though)

Espio

Kokomo
Wouldn't Jason have had to be living in the first place? On a serious note, we know nothing of how he'll play or anything else to say.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Wouldn't Jason have had to be living in the first place? On a serious note, we know nothing of how he'll play or anything else to say.
I have a strong feeling Leatherface will do things pretty similar to Jason. But a little better, with some different properties.

Espio

Kokomo
I have a strong feeling Leatherface will do things pretty similar to Jason. But a little better, with some different properties.
I mean, I heard you the first time. We still don't have the data to say. I could say, "well Jason uses a machete, Leather face uses a chainsaw, they will play nothing alike" and it'll mean just as little/much. You don't know how good or bad he will be because there is no evidence to indicate anything.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
if someone picks jason - ill gonna counter pick with leatherface.. go to the infected forest , and presses the same 3 buttons and ATTEMPT to do two xrays every single match... i dont care if i lose... i just want them to feel what i feel. - then , if i win, im going to preoceed to mess the fatal up like 5 times in a row until i just b4 them instead.

nah but really @Israfel said it best..jason killed jason.

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I have a strong feeling he'll be different. Did I just break the strong feeling matrix?
I think you did. I mean yes they will play different, obviously every character will be unique, but I think most people will push Jason aside to Leatherface. Which I am pretty sad about, because I am a huge Jason fan. As well as a Leatherface fan, but I don't want people to just forget about Jason so easily you know? The only point in playing Jason right now is dedication imo. But with Leather, I think they will try so hard not to make him Jason tier he will be pretty damn broke. It sounds like a NRS thing to do lol.

I think you did. I mean yes they will play different, obviously every character will be unique, but I think most people will push Jason aside to Leatherface. Which I am pretty sad about, because I am a huge Jason fan. As well as a Leatherface fan, but I don't want people to just forget about Jason so easily you know? The only point in playing Jason right now is dedication imo. But with Leather, I think they will try so hard not to make him Jason tier he will be pretty damn broke. It sounds like a NRS thing to do lol.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/does-predator-invalidate-sub-zero.54136/

Does this thread invalidate that thread?

Agilaz

It has begun
Why is this a concern? Aside from the fact nobody knows how Leatherface will play, there's a good chance Jason will get some buffs in the next patches, or at the very least some much needed fixes.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
You have a strong point here. (I don't play Sub or Pred. I don't even really know how good they are, but I do know HQT is most likely top tier). I am not trying to look for an argument, and it is too early to tell because we have no LF gameplay and I did not intend this thread to be TOO serious, more or so just a discussion. But I am just wondering if LF is pretty much Jason but without the fail, will Jason players drop him or stick with him? And I am aware Jason will most likely get buffs, and I REALLY want him to get some because he is fun.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Why people keep comparing Leatherface's potential with Jason's and never the 3 other guest characters NRS has done is beyond me.

Freddy was good as fuck, Kratos was actually broken overpowered, and Predator has been an absolute monster since release.

Even if you're going with the "because they're slasher villains" card, which dictates nothing from a gameplay standpoint, Freddy was still good.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Why people keep comparing Leatherface's potential with Jason's and never the 3 other guest characters NRS has done is beyond me.

Freddy was good as fuck, Kratos was actually broken overpowered, and Predator has been an absolute monster since release.

Even if you're going with the "because they're slasher villains" card, which dictates nothing from a gameplay standpoint, Freddy was still good.
I played Freddy in MK9. And Kratos was hella broke. And I think most of us are getting at it because how similar Jason and Leatherface are. Freddy was different, aside from the fact he killed people. He has powers and whatnot, they could do a lot more with Freddy. I am sure they will do something with Leatherface we are not expecting, but we can kind of predict he will have some command grabs, a slasher-ish variation with the chainsaw, and a few other things Jason already has. I am not saying LH will play JUST LIKE JASON, but they will most likely have similarities. And if LF does some of the same stuff better.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
lay off the guy, he admitted he's learning
Thank you. This is the first fighting game I am taking seriously. I played MK9, IGAU, and UMVC3 kind of for fun and messed around, but recently I have really wanted to get into fighting games more. Plus Jason isn't even my go to main, I really just play him online for fun, and try combos with him in practice.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Jason is going to be the new Lobo.
He'll be fine.
Exactly the comparison I was mulling over in my head.

I still firmly believe Slasher is going to prove his strongest stance over time, once the game reaches its final form. Fix the low profiling, set BF2 to capture when it hits at a reasonable spot, and one more thing but i cant think of what would be reasonable...i use a fuckton of people but Slasher's easily been my second-most used character, and in all my XP with him ive never felt hopeless or overwhelmed enough to feel like his shortcomings were as bad as they might appear...Relentless and Unstoppable on the other hand are a completely different story. Relentless reminds me of Cyber Sub in that it definitely has unique and effective methods, but not enough solid build beneath them to back him up. Unstoppable is just...I...it...no. I dont know how that variation was allowed to live.