What's new

General/Other - Slasher [Pre-XL] No Slasher Buff?

Slasher Buff?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firstly, I like most things in this patch, so great overall.
However...
In my poll for whether Jason slasher should get buffed, not a single person said that he shouldn't have and a number said he needs one. Proof is in my link above.
No one uses him and that's because he has no pressure what so ever and lacks any good mix ups.
He's even weaker now with all the imminent buffs in the upcoming patch.
What he needs is very simple and was pointed out to me on my earlier forum by "DarksydeDash" that Slasher needs his meter burned machete toss to be plus on block so he can continue his pressure.
That's literally it, but it's so so necessary.
An easy fix.
In tournament, I consider him to be unviable and if you want to know why, (other than that no one wins with him...) have a read of my last forum on this topic.
Again, great patch overall, but Slasher still needs his LOVE.
Alsoooo...
Where's the Mileena F3 buff.?.?

You want a projectile that is armored and plus on block... WHAT?
He needs something that's plus. They can forget the armour. It would be a fair trade. He's negative or unsafe in almost all his strings. Biggest problem? The low/overhead is unsafe...

gam224

The world's least hype player
He needs something that's plus. They can forget the armour. It would be a fair trade. He's negative or unsafe in almost all his strings. Biggest problem? The low/overhead is unsafe...
Well if they dropped the armour it would be alright but what they should have done is just made back forward 2 safe

E

Eldriken

His 12 string is like +1 on block and hardly ANYONE uses it, so people are likely to try and press buttons afterwards because they don't know if it's safe.

Condition people to stand block with f2. Mix that up with his low/OH string.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
12 into d1 choke on block

People always pokr after 12

D1 will frame trap them and if they don't block choke in time (which got buffed) they eat the damage. If they do block on time, you are safe and they know to respect 12

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
nah they will give him unnecessary nerfs like with what they did with relentlesses damage buff

E

Eldriken

nah they will give him unnecessary nerfs like with what they did with relentlesses damage buff
I'm sad to see that it changed, but I knew it was coming. His comeback factor will be huge in any round now, however. If you get him to 25% or below, don't get touched, 'cause that shit's gonna hurt. lol

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I'm sad to see that it changed, but I knew it was coming. His comeback factor will be huge in any round now, however. If you get him to 25% or below, don't get touched, 'cause that shit's gonna hurt. lol
yeah but i loved fucking with peopel online, relentless was my scrub killer, i love to fuck with people and let them hit me and yell into my mic "MMMMM YES SWEET DELICIOUS PAIN!!!!!" and then make them regret that they tried to win with the massive damage buff i would get

12 into d1 choke on block

People always pokr after 12

D1 will frame trap them and if they don't block choke in time (which got buffed) they eat the damage. If they do block on time, you are safe and they know to respect 12
What was the buff on his choke? I haven't seen it yet.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro

Firstly, I like most things in this patch, so great overall.
However...
In my poll for whether Jason slasher should get buffed, not a single person said that he shouldn't have and a number said he needs one. Proof is in my link above.
No one uses him and that's because he has no pressure what so ever and lacks any good mix ups.
Slasher did get buffed,Tyler showed during the twitch feed that the command overhead ( I think its forward+2 ) that now when canceled into the choke special ( I do not have a clue on the command ) No longer has any gap so it can not be interrupted along with mentioning the hitboxs are better on certain jump attacks so they will no longer be able to be low profiled. I'm not sure but their may have been something else minor but I am not a Jason player, if I was I would watch the twitch past broadcast on http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/profile.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Slasher did get buffed,Tyler showed during the twitch feed that the command overhead ( I think its forward+2 ) that now when canceled into the choke special ( I do not have a clue on the command ) No longer has any gap so it can not be interrupted along with mentioning the hitboxs are better on certain jump attacks so they will no longer be able to be low profiled. I'm not sure but their may have been something else minor but I am not a Jason player, if I was I would watch the twitch past broadcast on http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/profile.
You've always been able to do that. They added 5 extra cancel frames to f2. Not even close to the buff he needed.

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Well one of the people that is involved with the marketing of the game/making stated "their was gap before and it was possible to armor out before" along with the other things stated.
In my opinion, the character is not in the top tiers but also can not be anywhere near the zone of pre-patch(s) crap tier such as High Tech-Jacqui.
Please keep in mind that with out the special cancel option selects ( aka ultra bullshit ) in anymore, I don't think that anyone knows what is going to happen in terms of what is powerful or not.

The F2 overhead into choke is so rarely interrupted by anyone anyway that it's not significant at all, hardly making a difference and his weaknesses still kill him. All very minor buffs and not what he needed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.