What's new

Question - Unstoppable [Pre-XL] How many unique buffs will Unstoppable Jason get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many unique (Buffs only to Unstoppable Jason and not universal buffs) do you think Unstoppable will get? I am hoping he gets the Kenshi and Ronin Takeda amount of buffs.

Here is what I am hoping for
  1. Buff to his regular heal or complete overhaul of the move
  2. Buff to his ex heal or complete overhaul.
  3. Buff to the length of his damage buff. 4.5 seconds is laughably low.
  4. Buff to the length of his ex damage buff.
  5. Resurrect given better health values on rez.
  6. Receive the walking armor move.
  7. Bonus: Give Jason an extra buff if he is able to have both buffs on him at the same time.
There we go. I am hoping for 7 unique Unstoppable buffs. Also I am hoping for 2 universal changes.
  1. Give Jason another useful string other than b1,2,2
  2. Give Jason a poke that can deal with low profiling moves.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Unstoppable Jason needs ALOT to be viable. I was suggesting when he revives, he gains 10% health for each bar of meter he has. That would be pretty fair.

Upon further review of Zoofs vs Shazzy though, Zoofs actually threw out a bunch of random armored attacks as well. He did EX overhead flip kick with Kung Jin multiple times. I think he was just as random, or possibly even more random than Shazzy. That's just my opinion anyways

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Unstoppable Jason needs ALOT to be viable. I was suggesting when he revives, he gains 10% health for each bar of meter he has. That would be pretty fair.

Upon further review of Zoofs vs Shazzy though, Zoofs actually threw out a bunch of random armored attacks as well. He did EX overhead flip kick with Kung Jin multiple times. I think he was just as random, or possibly even more random than Shazzy. That's just my opinion anyways
The revive is indeed not worth it with the very low amount of health Jason gets back per bar. Even when you do revive, Jason doesn't seem to have too good of a neutral to back it up so it won't take long before he gets put in the ground again.

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher

Lol King reviving the thread of the year.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual

So 3 bars = 30% health

X-rays which cost 3 bars of meter do more than 30% damage, even if your opponent doesn't have meter it ll take only one good combo and jason would be dead again.

He should get at least 15% health per bar.

3 bars = 45% health.

Right now he revives with 25.5% health with 3 bars. 30% would be a small buff. Depending on how little they buff him I would be fine with him getting 15% per bar if they are light on the buffs.

But then you run into a problem with his Ressurect being so meter efficient that he doesn't want to spend bars on other things... that is a problem too.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
So 3 bars = 30% health

X-rays which cost 3 bars of meter do more than 30% damage, even if your opponent doesn't have meter it ll take only one good combo and jason would be dead again.

He should get at least 15% health per bar.

3 bars = 45% health.
I think 10% is fine. My general rule of thumb is that in a combo a bar is worth around 10% so it seems fair to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPY

Wigy

There it is...
Also... Just looking at his strings, some of them have frame data that makes literally no sense, he has a slow high string with no mixup that pops up at the end and its hella neg on block. Just half his shit is garbage for no reason at all. I get there will always be some less useful strings because of their other tools but there is literally no point in using it ever lol.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Right now he revives with 25.5% health with 3 bars. 30% would be a small buff. Depending on how little they buff him I would be fine with him getting 15% per bar if they are light on the buffs.

But then you run into a problem with his Ressurect being so meter efficient that he doesn't want to spend bars on other things... that is a problem too.
Perhaps with your suggestion if Jason gets a bonus buff if he has both damage and heal buff on at the same time that the bonus buff be a small bit of meter generation. The only problem I see with this coming now is some will say "well then Jason might just get breakers all the time!". However it's hard enough to get both buffs on at the same time in a match as it is and with their timers being so low (unless they do get buffed, could be debatable) Jason wouldn't get much meter from the bonus buff before one of the other ones runs out. Jason has laughable meter building as it is in Unstoppable so I don't see it as a problem having the meter generation buff. The whole point being to the meter gen buff is so Jason has more bars for Resurrection, which everyone knows isn't really good right now

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
The OP basically nailed it. As someone who has co-mained slasher and unstoppable since Jason was released, I'll repost (I've posted this several times before in various threads) my exact list of unstoppable buffs:

1) Ex-rise (corpse walk) should give you a minimum of 10% health back. (Currently, all that separates the regular and enhanced versions of this move is 8 lousy recovery frames - this is probably the worst special move I know to exist in any NRS fighting game - particularly because this move is supposed to be at the heart of what makes unstoppable unique)

2) The duration of punishment and ex-punishment should be doubled. This one is obvious.

3) The damage scaling on b122 should be drastically decreased. (I.e. Jason's b122 bnbs should do an absolute minimum of 30% meterless - this would clearly apply to relentless as well)

4) Ressurecrion should absolutely give unstoppable more health back per bar of meter than it currently does. With all of the other buffs listed, 10% per bar. With none of them, 20% per bar.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Exactly. This is one reason why I don't want NRS to take the easy route with Unstoppable. The lazy thing to do with Unstoppable would be just to give him a ton of health back on resurrection and say "have fun, guys." But, Jason is hella dependent on meter for armoring through pressure (with choke and command grabs) and projectiles (with temple punch). So, if your only recourse for buffing unstoppable was to make resurrection really good, then you'd be creating an awkward, paradoxical character who isn't equipped with tools that complement his basic strengths, but also has a boss-like lifebar.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
As crazy as it might sound, all those buffs mentioned are actually needed lol.
Of course! It's always very obvious who mains Jason and who really doesn't. Because, if you main him. I mean, truly main him, then, you know how awful he actually is against good players, in his current form. And Unstoppable is easily the worst of his three variations. I mean, guys, he really, really needs help.

The interesting thing with Unstoppable, is that I disagree with the widespread notion that he is poorly designed. I actually think his core design is pretty ingenious. I just think that his specials are comically under-powered. It's almost as if he was beyond OP when first being tested, so his specials got nerfed to shit pre-release.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Of course! It's always very obvious who mains Jason and who really doesn't. Because, if you main him. I mean, truly main him, then, you know how awful he actually is against good players, in his current form. And Unstoppable is easily the worst of his three variations. I mean, guys, he really, really needs help.

The interesting thing with Unstoppable, is that I disagree with the widespread notion that he is poorly designed. I actually think his core design is pretty ingenious. I just think that his specials are comically under-powered. It's almost as if he was beyond OP when first being tested, so his specials got nerfed to shit pre-release.
It doesn't need a true main to see that a variation only has a single useful string and very below-average tools.

zoofs

bless

why are you evaluating some random trash online match of a char i just picked up in a jason buff thread

what the hell

goodbye tym

Status
Not open for further replies.