What's new

General/Other - Lackey [Pre-XL] Fix Ex Torryuken

joeldm

Noob
I found the following problems with Ex Torryuken, some are already known.

1) Ex Torryuken is -7 block but should be 0

2)Ex Torryuken has poor recovery when only connects the second hit

3)Ex Torryuken does not connect the second hit in crossup jump kick. This should always connect

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't think any of these are actually bugs, aside from possibly #2. They are just buff suggestions, which is OK, I just wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the things your asking for to happen.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
The only thing that's wrong, is the frame data says EX Torryuken is 0 on block and does 0 damage. They need to change the numbers. Thats all.

joeldm

Noob
I don't think any of these are actually bugs, aside from possibly #2. They are just buff suggestions, which is OK, I just wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the things your asking for to happen.
# 1) Should be 0 on block but Flip Gateway can punish.
# 3) I agree that it is a suggestion, but losing a bar like this is frustrating

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
# 1) Should be 0 on block but Flip Gateway can punish.
# 3) I agree that it is a suggestion, but losing a bar like this is frustrating
#1 is just a move list error. Unfortunately some characters have many, some have few, but most chars have at least a couple that are incorrect.

For example, crystalline tremor blasts say they are all heavy negative on block despite being neutral. Cassies d4 says it has 20 frame start up (lol) when it's actually 9f. There is many examples of these and when the move list gets fixed it's changed to reflect what the in game value is, not the other way around. In a future patch it may list it as being -7 if it's corrected.

A -7 mid armored launcher is an extremely good tool. If I was a lackey player I'd be really happy with this move.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I know the frame data has been fixed. But the recovery on second hit is still thete. And 11xxEX torryuken will hop over some crouch blocking characters with no correction.

joeldm

Noob
This was something that bothered me a lot. After a while people learn to block standing.

My suggestion for this movement would be better:
1. It should be have quick as Roll, so we would have a real anti aerial, especially for meterless version.
2. Be less horizontal, sometimes the opponent pass over us without problems (perhaps it has to do with the speed).
3. The second hit should always connect.

Ex Torryuken is an incredible movement but these adjustments would be welcome.
Normal Torryuken is what really needs to be better.