What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees [Pre-XL] Buffing JASON VOORHEES So He Becomes more Viable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValeDJ

Noob
It's probably been mentioned already so apologies, but an option with Relentless' dbf2 to choose which side you throw the opponent...especially after a good read/tick. I find Relentless' corner game to be his best trait since his corner carry is very reasonable. I forget if his dbf1 puts the opponent away from Jason, but that would also be good to keep people in the corner.

Iv mained Jason since he came out and the very first buff I ever wanted was the d1 buff. Fully support that. The other buff id really want is to make b12 a tick as well as b1. it causes a 50/50 with the tick. I like the plus 8 on ex clothes line id also make that not low profilable. Choose which side the tick throws to. fix his wack ass scaling, give relentless back damned from before and rebuff choke. Last thing i would say is make his anti air usable i often forget its even a move because it never works. and if we got really spoiled some way to combo into a throw thats viable/ start a combo from a throw.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I wonder who will be the better tiered guy, Jason or Leatherface. Should be interesting match up.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I'm really fascinated to see the Jason buffs NRS has in store for us. The widespread consensus that Jason is the worst character in MKX is among the strongest I can ever remember existing this early in a fighting game's lifespan.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Iv mained Jason since he came out and the very first buff I ever wanted was the d1 buff. Fully support that. The other buff id really want is to make b12 a tick as well as b1. it causes a 50/50 with the tick. I like the plus 8 on ex clothes line id also make that not low profilable. Choose which side the tick throws to. fix his wack ass scaling, give relentless back damned from before and rebuff choke. Last thing i would say is make his anti air usable i often forget its even a move because it never works. and if we got really spoiled some way to combo into a throw thats viable/ start a combo from a throw.
I'm starting to think the simplest way to make Unstoppable/Relentless Jason decent is to just drastically reduce his damage scaling on combos (particularly for B122 combos). Just make him the mack truck he deseves to be, NRS. Given his overall meager toolset, his meterless damage should easily be the best in the game in ALL THREE variations. Currently, it is only respectable in Slasher.

themanDan

The saw is family
His ex air grab should launch. There's no benefit to spending the meter that Jason desperately needs just to add a bit of damage. This would make people afraid of jumping in on Jason, something that he struggles a lot with. Also, increase his damage on unstoppable and relentless, it's a joke, sure, characters like Reptile and Shinnok aren't hitting very hard either, but those characters have such good tools that giving them anymore damage would make them insanely overpowered. As for Jason, he doesn't really have tools, tick throws yea, but it just doesn't seem like enough to make him viable. Also, his ex heal ability as absolutely useless, something definitely need to be fixed there.

Last edited:

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
Just some things to add for Relentless...

F44 should link into Choke and Temple punch mid screen.

His EX Corpse Grab should launch similar to Kotal Kahns air throw.

I also feel his damage scaling is on the low end in this variation and needs to be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.