What's new

Pre-EVO Gorilla Grodd Matchup Chart

I dont remember if I posted it here, but Batman is the only character in the game that completely avoids Gorilla Grodds float vortex by simply dashing forward. There is not much you can do about and it completely stuffs the vortex itself. I dont remember possible options there aside from its not worth going for Vortex in this MU at all.

Also Red Hood can dash forward out of both throw and j2 but you can still hit him with j3 iirc.

All other characters cannot escape Vortex and have to guess.
belial everyone can react to the float vortex and escape it on dash :( You can tell when grodd goes for the close leap and cross up

I'm pretty sure its not possible to detect that on time
me and my buddy tested this in practice. I did a ton of float vortex mixups on him and he read them all. If you play grodd enough you will be able to react to it. Test it out with another grodd player....very frustrating.

Belial

Noob
me and my buddy tested this in practice. I did a ton of float vortex mixups on him and he read them all. If you play grodd enough you will be able to react to it. Test it out with another grodd player....very frustrating.
thx for letting me know, will definitely try to check it out. Did you test if close leap cancel can punish back dashes here? Im thinking LC~mind control should work

thx for letting me know, will definitely try to check it out. Did you test if close leap cancel can punish back dashes here? Im thinking LC~mind control should work
Haven't tested that out and I kinda suck at doing the leap cancels. Are the leap cancels a real thing not sure they intended that to be in the game.

Because he's really not broken and people overreact when anyone defends batman and get salty. So its partly trolling and partly just defending a character that only needs to be adjusted some.
Batman is defo stupid as he is now, and the last one to be defended. I'm guessing you play him? lol

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
How does he beat Cold? With Ice Trap and Wall, Harambe can't get close to him. His only option would be his telekinesis, but it's helluvah negative on recover.

IMO, it's 3-7 on Cold's favor.

Skedar70

Noob
How does he beat Cold? With Ice Trap and Wall, Harambe can't get close to him. His only option would be his telekinesis, but it's helluvah negative on recover.

IMO, it's 3-7 on Cold's favor.
Hell no. Ice trap cost one bar of meter and Grodd can just walk over it with meter burn stampede or leap over it. Grodd makes it really hard for Captain cold to charge his gun. This is definitely either a winning MU for Grodd or even.

Meep8345

Noob
Batman is defo stupid as he is now, and the last one to be defended. I'm guessing you play him? lol
Did you read my post? I said he's really not broken and just needs some adjustments like trait and his grapple vortex to be fine and I also do it to partly troll people that get salty over batman.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Hell no. Ice trap cost one bar of meter and Grodd can just walk over it with meter burn stampede or leap over it. Grodd makes it really hard for Captain cold to charge his gun. This is definitely either a winning MU for Grodd or even.
I'm a Cold main, so I know this MU quite well. If he wants to leap over it, I just have to do either Wall or D2 to force him to fall to the Ice Trap (this is a known tech trap for us Cold mains). Nobody can jump over it, because it's so risky. And I know about this charging gun challenge, because I have been in this situation many times. Grodd's leap can be countered with D2 and Wall, and then get punished. Cold's problem is the zoners. Grodd is like Kenshi to a point.

Skedar70

Noob
I'm a Cold main, so I know this MU quite well. If he wants to leap over it, I just have to do either Wall or D2 to force him to fall to the Ice Trap (this is a known tech trap for us Cold mains). Nobody can jump over it, because it's so risky. And I know about this charging gun challenge, because I have been in this situation many times. Grodd's leap can be countered with D2 and Wall, and then get punished. Cold's problem is the zoners. Grodd is like Kenshi to a point.
As Goonie and I just said. I will just walk over your trap with my plus on block armored meter burn stampede. Good luck trying to charge that gun against Grodd. Good luck trying to keep him out. Up close CC is not as strong as Grodd. I do believe its a losing match for CC.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I feel like Grodd vs Red Hood is even or winning for Grodd, been playing it lately a lot with GREAT SUCCES :D
Man, my Red Hood is still half assed in anti airs and mine pressure use.So, I’m kind of sorry if I didn’t give you enough trouble with RH.
:p
Seems even though.Unless Red Hood corners Grodd with mine set ups.Then it’s gg vs most of the cast.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Also, would any of you people mind telling me which Grodd strings have gaps and by what are they punishable with.

Meep8345

Noob
Serious question for all grodd players, why do you guys play him? Only reason I can see is because you love grodd, he's not complete trash but why play him when you can half-ass lab the top tiers and look like you main them and have great success. How necessary are cancels to you guys or do you just avoid using them?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Serious question for all grodd players, why do you guys play him? Only reason I can see is because you love grodd, he's not complete trash but why play him when you can half-ass lab the top tiers and look like you main them and have great success. How necessary are cancels to you guys or do you just avoid using them?
Cancels seem to be his whole game and the inputs are bills.
Bfff