What's new

Match-up Discussion Pre-Evo 2014 Aquaman MU Chart

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Wtf do you mean likewise to me? I'm not the 1 claiming a mu is 6-4 when really the mu is damn near unwinnable when you are playin a good AM. I tell it like it is. Like i said before if you really believe the mu is only 6-4 prove it.
We'll never know for sure I guess. Would need a few really good jokers to take on someone of Theo's caliber and that'll probably never happen.

Shit Dark, I main Aquaman and still havent bothered to learn the MU. I guess I should take back my question. :-P

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
I personally love to see or play a match between KF vs AM. Both have good tools to deal with one another. But I still believe Frost has a lilttle bit more advantage here. Hope to see this match at EVO.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
So grr's basic Joker and Stevo's first time in a competitive fighting game vs Rico's years of experience? This is supposed to be proof?

You can play footsies, you can jump, you can negate trait.

If you're punishing aquaman with anything other than D2 90% of the time you don't know the matchup

If you're able to use a 5f nearly instant move that has a huge hitbox and is only -2 on block, with Joker's shortest jump arc in the game then be less predictable.

From 3/4 Joker gunshots aquaman from FTD as a punish and gets a free dash up until in his face.

The only reason we even lose this matchup is because of footsie dominance, FTD and slightly lower damage, that's it.
Woah, someone agrees with me on this MU?!

Let's take a look at the things Joker can do to AM:

-Molest him on wakeup; that's obvious.
-Single hit launchers which can be mixed to be near unblockables.
-We can actually contest with his range (D2 beats B1).
-We can actually contest with his zoning to a certain extent (Gunshot can punish FTD from a large part of the screen and if gunshot is held out we can shoot AM before FTD is released on reaction).
-Even if he traits out of a string like 32 or 21, we can end it in ridiculous + frames or teeth to get set up and continue our offense. We can also attempt to catch him with the overhead crowbar cancel, which is safe on block and on hit wastes his entire trait, although I prefer the setups myself.
-We can AA him (Yes, even his j2).
-While we can't directly punish Trident Rush unless he spaces himself badly, we do get to start our offense as soon as the move ends using D2 cancels. If we need to pushblock though it's not a huge problem since Joker gains it like crazy.

Now let's look at the things AM has on Joker:

-Slightly outranges us with F2, but gets very little off of it.
-Trident Rush has stupid chip and meter gain.
-He can Anti-Air us very, very easily, forcing us to play more of a ground game (This is a big point).
-Has better movespeed than us.
-B1 is 3 frames faster than D2, which combined with his faster movespeed helps him in the footsie game.
... I think that's it?

I know this is more theory fighting than anything, especially since no Joker player is on Theo's level of play (and playing anyone other than the best means "you just don't know" around here), but I really don't see what makes this a horrendous MU other than "Dude, AM is broken" and "Man, Joker sucks".

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
Well, Frost is the only character I believe that can still abuse the vortexes over Aquaman. She really doesn't care about his trait. A lot of her vortexes are still viable in this MU and work pretty well.

ivyC_C

Noob
can someone tell me why nw vs am is 5-5 feel like nw in staff beats am and ds seriously feels like he wins that mu too