What's new

Practicality of F22 MS Dive Kick?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Hey guys. We all know Sonya has crazy damage potential and whatnot, but did what if we could add on to that damage?

As most of you guys probably already know, F22 MS on hit can be canceled into a dive kick, thus increasing her damage output, but this is incredibly difficult. I found it to be much easier to hit with the Dive kick if you dash cancel out of MS then do iaDK, but it's still difficult.

Midscreen, her dive kick bnb goes from 40% to 46%. In the corner, she can actually do F22 ms Dive kick twice, making her damage reach +60%.

Thing is, is it worth it? This is incredibly difficult to do, and her damage is already high as it is.

Just thought I should share and ask.

Death

Noob
In casuals I figure why not try it out. What do you have to lose if you miss it. In Tournament matches I think just going for the BnB is the smart way to go. I have lost matches or came close to losing matches/rounds in tournament because I went for the harder combo and got blown up with a wake up attack -_-

Justice

Noob
Pretty much what Death said. In tournament, do the guaranteed and safe options. In casuals and in the Lab, work on it because you never know when it might save/killl you in a clutch moment.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yea i pretty much agree. But that damage is so juicy lol. I'm all about max damage combos since they could save you in a clutch moment. But she already does high damage as is.

still a pretty cool technique tho. but casuals probably would be the best time to use this, unless you're Doctrine Dark

Justice

Noob
Yea i pretty much agree. But that damage is so juicy lol. I'm all about max damage combos since they could save you in a clutch moment. But she already does high damage as is.

still a pretty cool technique tho. but casuals probably would be the best time to use this, unless you're Doctrine Dark
Mess Hall (B21F2) is 2 frames faster on startup, lunges full sweep distance, is cancellable (B21), and leads to her most damaging kombos. Good luck starting it gainst even a mid-tier player though unless it's really well-planned or used as a punish for a gross error in judgement on the part of Sonya's opponent. But since Mess Hall can lead to 44%+ I don't think that repeated use is an issue.

The main advantage for F22 is that it's never used in high-level play. At 24f execution, it's a gimmick you won't want to stake your reputation on.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I'm pretty sure f22ms divekick is just a cool trick for combo artists. I heard somewhere that in order for it to link it needs to be done frame perfect... yeah, good luck pulling that off in tournament.