What's new

PowerA announces new FightPad - PowerA Fusion FightPad for PS4/XB1/NS

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
A little bit more than 3 months, it also happened to some other people
any link in case they posted it online?
i wouldnt let them go away with it and either ask for a replacement or money back. not sure where you from but here they wouldnt go away with it...

C-Sword

Noob
And the price tag was $60?
Yes.

All fightpads will eventually break, some just last longer than others. That's why it's always better to play on sticks, the parts are much easier to replace. If people really want a fightpad, they should just get the Hori Fighting Commander, it's the cheapest and it does the job just fine.

Old SNK games (KOF 2002, KOF XIII, SVC Chaos) are d-pad killers.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Yes.

All fightpads will eventually break, some just last longer than others. That's why it's always better to play on sticks, the parts are much easier to replace. If people really want a fightpad, they should just get the Hori Fighting Commander, it's the cheapest and it does the job just fine.

Old SNK games (KOF 2002, KOF XIII, SVC Chaos) are d-pad killers.
sure but not so fast. i consider everything which doesnt even last a year trash. ps hitbox>fightstick

C-Sword

Noob
They seem to be willing to send me a new one now, I'll let you guys know if I get it. I have bought an OG Saturn controller off ebay and the 8bitdo Mod Kit, the retro-bit ones are bad.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
PowerA is at EVO this year, showing off their new FightPad. It looks almost EXACTLY like a Sega Saturn controller. Snake Eyez is apparently using one, and it sounds like he really likes it so far, as he used it all through pools.

It even has interchangeable faceplates.

I miss the handles on these things. My hands would go tired having no good grip I think.
The 6 button surface looks neat, though.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I miss the handles on these things. My hands would go tired having no good grip I think.
The 6 button surface looks neat, though.
It's actually the opposite for me. Having the wing grips is uncomfortable for me now, due to my wrist problems.

Damn, the d-pad snapped off

Was playing the Taco Tuesday tower today with my Fusion and all of a sudden the dpad just falls off. Looks more or less the same as C-Sword's picture. I've got a shipping notification for it from December 12th but I couldn't tell you exactly what day I started using it. Any updates on your attempts to get a replacement?

C-Sword

Noob
Was playing the Taco Tuesday tower today with my Fusion and all of a sudden the dpad just falls off. Looks more or less the same as C-Sword's picture. I've got a shipping notification for it from December 12th but I couldn't tell you exactly what day I started using it. Any updates on your attempts to get a replacement?
I did end up getting a replacement, I had to send them a bunch of emails. I gave the new controller to a friend, you really see how poorly built the controller is by opening it up.

I did end up getting a replacement, I had to send them a bunch of emails. I gave the new controller to a friend, you really see how poorly built the controller is by opening it up.
That's disappointing, I did like that dpad until it fell off. Thanks for the info.

THTB

Bit of a thread revival.

Bought my pad back in October 2019. It's September 2020. D-pad is quite loose, but still holding up. Probably helps that I don't play for as extended periods as I used to years ago, likely. But it's still kicking.

If it does break, and I can't just swap it with a Saturn d-pad, I'll probably go back to the Hori FC, and just use the tape mod I've seen some time ago.

THTB

Update on pad:

Broke about a month ago lol. D-pad snapped off, as described by others. Lasted way longer than I expected. Playing solely SFV and MK11 for a majority of its life seemed to have kept it in good shape. When I started playing Tekken, though...let's just say them KBDs are intense LOL.

Moved onto the Chinese fightpad, the Betop BTP-C3 that I bought a while ago. They've been discontinued, but if you can find one, it's a solid budget fightpad.

THTB

Update on pad:

Broke about a month ago lol. D-pad snapped off, as described by others. Lasted way longer than I expected. Playing solely SFV and MK11 for a majority of its life seemed to have kept it in good shape. When I started playing Tekken, though...let's just say them KBDs are intense LOL.

Moved onto the Chinese fightpad, the Betop BTP-C3 that I bought a while ago. They've been discontinued, but if you can find one, it's a solid budget fightpad.

View attachment 17978
Update on this pad:

Save your 20-30 bucks LOL

Just wait for the new Hori Fighting Commander

Damn thing registers down when I hit the right trigger now