Breakthrough - Thunder God Power of the Thunder Klone - Return of the safe B2

Viable

• Yes

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Hell Yes

Votes: 49 80.3%

• Total voters
Is this set up still a thing ? Because after shocker it whiffs
Yup, still works as these are post-patch combos.
It's a matter of getting the right timing for the second f12b2... they need to be low enough to the ground so that when the f12b2 connects it acts as a HKD.
Only then will the ex Lightning Bolt be close enough to connect after shocker.

gibster13

A fan of fans
After another day of trying this I still get it around 4/10 times

I do b32 213 b14rc f12b2hold f12b2xxEXbolt slight run b2/b3 shocker and the shocker doesn't hit them onto the orb and they fall infront??

I do b32 213 b14rc f12b2hold f12b2xxEXbolt slight run b2/b3 shocker and the shocker doesn't hit them onto the orb and they fall infront??
I tried this setup and it seems to be the same case where you need to time the second f12b2 to connect JUST as they're about to hit the ground. If you time it right you don't even need a slight run before the b3~shocker, but to be honest I only manage to land it half the time myself.

Dunno if people are still labbing this, managed to find those 2 combos working against SZ and Cassie. However it doesn't work with characters with weird block hitbox (Raiden, Tremor) and Mileena. Of course, those depends on the height 112 hits
b2 b2 213 112 db1 EX
b32(hold) NJP, 112 db1 EX

The concept of making the opponent bounce on ex ball after shocker works 0% against Jason (because guard stance)

Seems we need to classify a type of hitbox for each character. Because characters such as Tremor, Raiden and Shinnok can bounce on EX Ball with shocker by b2 b2 213 f12b2(hold) f12b2 db1 EX whereas SZ, females don't.

I also noticed that Mileena has a weird action on her hitbox after blocking, making her backing a little before being put on neutral. It means once she blocked the 1st ball, slightly after the 2nd one hits her. This is a blockstring leading to a full blockstring such as => 1st ball > 2nd ball > ji2. Maybe this setup can't work on her at all

Also, b2 b2 214 df2 EX b14 LRC f12b2(hold) f12b2 db1 EX seems to work on most character but not females.
It seems on female, b2 b2 214 df2 EX b14 LRC 112 db1 EX works on females, at least dvorah and cassie :D (mileena excluded)

Ardet

Noob
Here is new tech found by Dalphanate. Can anyone try out if this is more constinent than previous tech shown here? I dont have access to MKX atm. Does it work on all bodies? Problem with the old tech is that sometimes they would fall on ball and sometimes they would not for some reason. If this is constant then we have pretty strong tool and even scarier corner game than before!

DeftMonk

Noob
There’s no jump test in this video so can’t really say for sure but since there’s no kd, nothing is hitting meaty. So I’m guessing the 50/50s aren’t frame traps at all.