What's new

General/Other - Kitana Potential KP3 Changes

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
She's a cocky racist bitch in this game. She's no longer a Princess that tells people to learn respect anymore.
IMO her face looks fine, and realistic. I will play MKX with a blind fold if they give any female character an anime-style face like SFV
Bitch could crack a wallnut with that jaw on her

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
How so? was her offense better, from what i have heard from others she just seems more well rounded in that game.
That game was purely based on footsies. That was the meta of the game.

Kitana was easily one of the best footsie based characters in that game. Her ground game was superior to most of the cast. Factor in the fact that she had the fastest dash cancel, good range on her normals for space and AAs, a crazy throw game and very good damage, and she was a nightmare for alot of characters. And if that wasn't enough, her zoning was really good as well. She literally had winning MUs based on the fact that she could zone them out the entire game.

Her MU chart was very solid as well. A few 7-3s, a couple 8-2s, tons of 6-4s, even against some and only lost to a few characters (the top tiers).

She was a very viable character and a strong tournament character. Top 10 indeed. Extremely balanced, yet very strong. I miss her so much

MKX Kitana has a parry, frame traps, reflect and armor out the ass. MK9 Kitana had NONE of that and I'd still choose MK9 Kitana over MKX Kitana. She was THAT good.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Kabal
Cyrax
Sonya
Kenshi (she got bodied 2 - 8 by Kenshi)
Skarlet (Kitana players say it's 6 - 4 in Kitana's favor, Skarlet players say the opposite lol, but Skarlet is proved to be top tier by Eddy Wang)
Johnny Cage, Freddy, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Smoke, Jax, Kitana, Reptile
If you look back again Kitana is around the 10-15 spot rather than straight up top 10.
Accept the truth, she has never been top tier in any MK game
She deserves the top tier buffs :DOGE:DOGE

xKhaoTik

Kabal
Cyrax
Sonya
Kenshi (she got bodied 2 - 8 by Kenshi)
Skarlet (Kitana players say it's 6 - 4 in Kitana's favor, Skarlet players say the opposite lol, but Skarlet is proved to be top tier by Eddy Wang)
Johnny Cage, Freddy, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Smoke, Jax, Kitana, Reptile
If you look back again Kitana is around the 10-15 spot rather than straight up top 10.
Accept the truth, she has never been top tier in any MK game
She deserves the top tier buffs :DOGE:DOGE
Why are Liu Kang and jax in there lol

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Why are Liu Kang and Jax in there lol
You can't downplay Jax's 7f low which works better on him than Shinnok because his specials are so safe. His corner damage is broken. Wonky hitbox is his weakness but noone can consistently poke out of F413, it's still strong.
And Liu Kang has 10f low to play footsie as well. He arguably has a better matchup chart than Kitana (at least he doesn't got 2-8 by Kenshi, only 4-6 :DOGE)

xKhaoTik

You can't downplay Jax's 7f low which works better on him than Shinnok because his specials are so safe. His corner damage is broken. Wonky hitbox is his weakness but noone can consistently poke out of F413, it's still strong.
And Liu Kang has 10f low to play footsie as well. He arguably has a better matchup chart than Kitana (at least he doesn't got 2-8 by Kenshi, only 4-6 :DOGE)
Anyone with a small hitbox can do poke out consistently. They didn't even have to poke. They could just punish with a full combo. Tons of people did it consistently and there's tournament MUs of players like me, curbo and Reo doing it to the likes of cdjr and Tyrant.

Idk too much on Kang's MU chart but I know him having such a huge hitbox was a weakness. And no one thought he was top 10

Kenshi was a 7-3, not 8-2, but that doesn't make it any better. It was still her most horrendous MU

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
That game was purely based on footsies. That was the meta of the game.

Kitana was easily one of the best footsie based characters in that game. Her ground game was superior to most of the cast. Factor in the fact that she had the fastest dash cancel, good range on her normals for space and AAs, a crazy throw game and very good damage, and she was a nightmare for alot of characters. And if that wasn't enough, her zoning was really good as well. She literally had winning MUs based on the fact that she could zone them out the entire game.

Her MU chart was very solid as well. A few 7-3s, a couple 8-2s, tons of 6-4s, even against some and only lost to a few characters (the top tiers).

She was a very viable character and a strong tournament character. Top 10 indeed. Extremely balanced, yet very strong. I miss her so much

MKX Kitana has a parry, frame traps, reflect and armor out the ass. MK9 Kitana had NONE of that and I'd still choose MK9 Kitana over MKX Kitana. She was THAT good.
Not to mention the flying booty. She could easily use that move to get away when she felt like the opponent was getting too close and then start her zoning all over again. That move used to have very little (if at all?) recovery frames and the EX version had armor. Now her flying booty in this game is complete and utter ass (no pun intended).

MKX Kitana is nothing like the MK9 version. Watching Kitana players catching people off guard with the EX fan lift on wakeup was hella funny.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Anyone with a small hitbox can do poke out consistently. They didn't even have to poke. They could just punish with a full combo. Tons of people did it consistently and there's tournament MUs of players like me, curbo and Reo doing it to the likes of cdjr and Tyrant.

Idk too much on Kang's MU chart but I know him having such a huge hitbox was a weakness. And no one thought he was top 10

Kenshi was a 7-3, not 8-2, but that doesn't make it any better. It was still her most horrendous MU
I actually forgot that not only female characters have small hitbox in MK9. Cage, Jax, Smoke, Kung Lao can make his best string whiff too. Poor Jax, never allowed to live
I still feel Kitana was more like an upper mid tier than a top tier. These 6: Kabal, Sonya, Cyrax, Kenshi, Skarlet and Freddy have way too much broken shit that seperate them from the rest

Kitanasbiggestfan

PSN: Roger_Melee I Steam: truesician
Humour me here please because I'm a scrub and MKX is the first fighting game I've taken seriously - I have some questions. Seeing as the general consensus is that Kitana shouldn't have an overhead combo starter could someone tell me what she would need to lose in order for this to be viable option?

I'm sure I saw KP tweet 'let Kitana play the game she's in' and I'm honestly not sure how anyone can argue that she doesn't fit in this game without true 50/50 options.

How about making her B2 launch, similar to Shinnok's B3? Why would this break her and what would she need to sacrifice? Whatever it is I'm pretty sure I would sacrifice it to enter into the guessing game I'm playing against pretty much the rest of the cast.

If an overhead really is a ridiculous suggestion then how about changing how she pressures? Would run cancellable fans or even glaives for Mournful be viable? Again could somebody tell me what she would need to lose in order for her to improve this (IMO weak) aspect of her game.

I've read all the 'git gud', 'learn the match ups' and 'kitana is honest/doesn't need anything' so if that's all you've got for me then don't worry. Just curious on what she should lose to be more suited to the game.

xKhaoTik

Humour me here please because I'm a scrub and MKX is the first fighting game I've taken seriously - I have some questions. Seeing as the general consensus is that Kitana shouldn't have an overhead combo starter could someone tell me what she would need to lose in order for this to be viable option?

I'm sure I saw KP tweet 'let Kitana play the game she's in' and I'm honestly not sure how anyone can argue that she doesn't fit in this game without true 50/50 options.

How about making her B2 launch, similar to Shinnok's B3? Why would this break her and what would she need to sacrifice? Whatever it is I'm pretty sure I would sacrifice it to enter into the guessing game I'm playing against pretty much the rest of the cast.

If an overhead really is a ridiculous suggestion then how about changing how she pressures? Would run cancellable fans or even glaives for Mournful be viable? Again could somebody tell me what she would need to lose in order for her to improve this (IMO weak) aspect of her game.

I've read all the 'git gud', 'learn the match ups' and 'kitana is honest/doesn't need anything' so if that's all you've got for me then don't worry. Just curious on what she should lose to be more suited to the game.
Talking about Assassin:

If Kitana got an OH, most likely her f2 since it legit looks like an OH, she would become instant top tier just because of how dumb it would be.

For one, it's safe, and mixing that up with the low would give her a safe 50/50 (if she spends a bar. Only way to combo from the 50/50 w.o meter would be with fan Lift, which is unsafe in this variation), one of the main problems in this game.

Secondly is the sharpen. Sharpen is so much better now so she would be able to end combos with a HKD, set up sharpen and then go for a 50/50 which would literally obliterate the opponents health (easily 50%+ gone). This also leads into a HKD into the same situation. With the sharpen tech I found in the corner, this would be absolutely insane. Also remember, being destroyed in the corner is also another problem with this game.

As much as I would love for Kitana to be top tier, this isn't the top tier kitana I would want. She was Top 10 in mk9 without any of the BS and I don't think she needs any of it now. If she were to get f2 as an OH, it would have to be when sharpen is active. That's the only way I can see it being "fair"

eXalted

Kytinn Queen
I completely agree with all of these changes StarCharger. They don't seem overly abusive or unfair, but would help her out against those top tier characters.

I've been on record saying F2 should be OH(it sure looks OH) and people say she'd be broken. While I tend to disagree, maybe the faster startup would suffice.

That xray glitch you mention... Shit has cost me a couple of really close matches, would love to have that fixed. Like how TF are you getting out of my xray to win the round? Frustrating.

Final thoughts... Brutals:
1. Parry (Assassin)
2. EX-Fan Toss (Royal Storm)
3. Staff Decapitation (Mournful)

Here's to hoping.. Cheers!

Kitanasbiggestfan

PSN: Roger_Melee I Steam: truesician
Talking about Assassin:

If Kitana got an OH, most likely her f2 since it legit looks like an OH, she would become instant top tier just because of how dumb it would be.

For one, it's safe, and mixing that up with the low would give her a safe 50/50 (if she spends a bar. Only way to combo from the 50/50 w.o meter would be with fan Lift, which is unsafe in this variation), one of the main problems in this game.

Secondly is the sharpen. Sharpen is so much better now so she would be able to end combos with a HKD, set up sharpen and then go for a 50/50 which would literally obliterate the opponents health (easily 50%+ gone). This also leads into a HKD into the same situation. With the sharpen tech I found in the corner, this would be absolutely insane. Also remember, being destroyed in the corner is also another problem with this game.

As much as I would love for Kitana to be top tier, this isn't the top tier kitana I would want. She was Top 10 in mk9 without any of the BS and I don't think she needs any of it now. If she were to get f2 as an OH, it would have to be when sharpen is active. That's the only way I can see it being "fair"
Thank you for the reply. So would you sacrifice the effectiveness of sharpen in exchange for the overhead? Say revert to the pre patch start up frames in exchange for F2 being an overhead?

How about making F2 unsafe or increasing the start up frames so it can be fuzzied if your opponent is expecting B3?

I just think there must be more options in weakening other aspects of her game in order to give her that overhead. Say putting a gap in F112, 111 or F22U4 so they can be armoured out of.

I don't think it's as simple as just adding something to her game, give her the overhead but remove something strong from her game too. I don't want to play a broken character either, I still want the satisfaction of earning my wins, I just think she doesn't fit the game without 50/50 options.

And I love that safe sharpen corner tech btw. I use it all the time and I've got my most hype moment in the game using it.

Admired

Noob
I completely agree with all of these changes StarCharger. They don't seem overly abusive or unfair, but would help her out against those top tier characters.

Final thoughts... Brutals:
1. Parry (Assassin)
2. EX-Fan Toss (Royal Storm)
3. Staff Decapitation (Mournful)

Here's to hoping.. Cheers!
I always wondered why the Parry wasn't a secret brutal. How she drops from the sky and stabs them to death... It just screams brutal. Her X-Ray could be one too. She's one of the more likely characters to finish a match with one since she always has meter.

I imagine her Ex-Tornado would be cool as a brutal too, maybe in a similar fashion to Kung Lao's spin cycle brutality. All her combo's easily go into the tornado and it would finally give Ex tornado a reason to be used. In Assassin and Mournful that is.

I honestly don't even care about a OH anymore alls I want is some better frames and a useful mid. standing 2 being a mid would help her out so much you just don't understand lol.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
What i think could also be very cool is Mournful and the other two variants get B2 to be special cancelable, take away the Knockdown on it and make it stun a bit so you can use it as a true OH starter, maybe even make it an Oh into Mid with an os to choose Down + 3 and make 2nd hit a low ender. she has many ways to open up her opponent but another one could not hurt. Id love to see kitana get 50/50's

Sup fellas. I haven't checked on this thread in a while so I thought I'd chime in based on some of what's been posted,in the meantime.

I've tempered myself on having an OH starter like I wanted last year. That said, if F2 did become an OH, I wouldn't say no lol (if you get 50/50d by a 19 frame overhead you deserve to be comboed Khao. Just throwing that out there). Still, adjusting her frames as mentioned above, fixing her quirks (the glitches), and basically just polishing her moveset a bit will do just fine.

To clarify, I'd want either s2 to become a mid or all of the other changes I mentioned,for F2, B3, D1 et al to happen as far as her normals are concerned. I still think all of the changes I mentioned for her specials need to happen for her to compete unless the top tiers get hammered with the N-stick.

For the record, MK9 Kitana was absolutely top 10. She wasn't too 5 by any stretch but her normals, damage output, throw capability, escapability, and mobility in general made her a goddess. If enhanced pretty kick was a mid (or an overhead)and had armor on it, she would have been top 5 easily but not so. Overall her tournament resume thanks to guys like bit, CD, khao, me, Mr. Mil, et al can be out up against any other character really. You combine her mk9 normals with her mkx armor and frame traps and she's Damn near undefeatable. Btw, the scarlet MU was even for Kit at worst. I played with the best scarlet in MK9 history every single day and it was always back and forth.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I've tempered myself on having an OH starter like I wanted last year. That said, if F2 did become an OH, I wouldn't say no lol (if you get 50/50d by a 19 frame overhead you deserve to be comboed Khao. Just throwing that out there)
Kung Jin's F2 is 19f OH and top players get hit by it

n0rv1s

EXiLE_n0rv1s
Hi all, as a kitana (only) player, can't just pass by this threat with out leaving a post lol

My 'Kitty' is near to perfect, l love her as she is, when lm losing it's not because she lacks something, it's just because lm sucks as a player, picking wrong counter variation, miss read, lacking of mu knowledge, droping combos and so on...
My 'Kitty' doesn't need anything that is stated above in this threat. For me she would become perfect if she could get less push back on hit for f22, less push back on block for u2, 20-24f cancel for f22u4, 20-24f cancel for u2, -3 on block for f1 and half foot less push back on hit for d4.

Does it makes any sense? lm not sure, but that's changes that would fit my RS/Assassin style.

Stay sharp ;)